|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Certain that they have drowned Wuffles after the fight at the Times headquarters, Tulip wants to kill whom and run away?
2. When William returns from protective custody at the end of the novel, Slant confirms that who has been elected Patrician?
3. When Trixiebell and Deep Bone accompany William back to the print shed, Pin and Tulip are waiting, holding whom prisoner?
4. Who is the High Priest of Blind Io and unofficial spokesman for Ankh-Morpork's religious establishment?
5. Otto complains about how hard it is to __________ in the big city, with its women dressed in fancy clothing.
Short Essay Questions
1. What religious allusion is in Pin and Tulip's disguises in pages 163-197?
2. What theological discussion do Pin and Tulip share in pages 229-260?
3. What is the final outcome for Tulip in The Truth?
4. How does William feel about his father's bigotry? How is this illustrated in pages 163-197?
5. Who leads William to Wuffles in pages 229-260?
6. Whom does William hire as his lawyer in the end of the novel? Why?
7. What changes in William once he discovers his father's involvement in the plot?
8. What does the Committee to Unelect the Patrician think of the Times in pages 163-197?
9. What does the addition of color do to production of the Times?
10. What symbolic imagery is depicted in the destruction of the shed in pages 260-290? How is Death described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Commander Vimes and Vetinari. How do these men differ in power and stature? What similarities do they share?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Wuffles and the role of animals in the narrative. Why is Wuffles a threat to Pin and Tulip? What animals can speak in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of William de Worde and Lord Havelock Vetinari. What differences are there in age, stature, power, etc.? What similarities can be seen in the characteristics of each?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)