|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Pin and Tulip escape to hide as William's print shed collapses?
(a) The deck.
(b) The stone cellar.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The attic.
2. After speaking with William, Dibbler accepts a commission job _________ for the Times.
(a) Writing obituaries.
(b) Selling advertising space.
(c) Writing wedding announcements.
(d) Writing as a reporter.
3. Who convinces the staff of the Inquirer to take the night off for $100 at the end of the novel?
4. Who is the longest-surviving lodger at the Lodging House for Respectable Working Men?
(a) Rufus Drumknott.
(b) Mr. Slant.
(c) Mr. Mackleduff.
(d) Tuttle Scrope.
5. Who feeds Sacharissa's news stories, being sweet on her?
(a) Constable Fiddyment.
(b) Constable Flimwabby.
(c) Constable Featherby.
(d) Constable Fidgety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the enormous nun do with the terriers brought for the reward by the crowd to the Times?
2. Certain that they have drowned Wuffles after the fight at the Times headquarters, Tulip wants to kill whom and run away?
3. Where is the Temple of Om?
4. What do Pin and Tulip do with the bag of dogs after escaping the Times headquarters?
5. What is taken from Tulip just before he is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the addition of color do to production of the Times?
2. Why does a crowd form at the Times in pages 197-229? What does Sacharissa make of it?
3. What do Sacharissa and Rocky go to the de Worde townhouse for in pages 229-260? What do they discover?
4. For whom is Tulip searching in pages 163-197? Why?
5. What argument arises about the power and danger of dark light in pages 163-197?
6. What do Pin and Tulip do after forcing their way into Mr. Slant's office in pages 229-260?
7. Whom does William hire as his lawyer in the end of the novel? Why?
8. What leads Pin to murder Tulip in pages 260-290?
9. What religious allusion is in Pin and Tulip's disguises in pages 163-197?
10. What changes in William once he discovers his father's involvement in the plot?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)