|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dibbler generally fall back on selling when his other entrepreneurial efforts fail?
(a) Hot potato cakes.
(b) Leather gloves.
(c) Sweet potato sausages.
(d) Hot sausages-inna-bun.
2. William calculates that $70,000 in coins would weigh how much?
(a) 1/2 of a ton.
(b) 1/3 of a ton.
(c) 1/4 of a ton.
(d) 1/5 of a ton.
3. How much money does William give his father to repay him for raising and educating him?
4. Death shows Tulip an arc of ___________, representing the lives that he and Pin have shortened?
5. What do Pin and Tulip break into the Temple of Om to steal?
(c) Clerical attire.
Short Answer Questions
1. William conducts a formal interview with Wuffles that is translated by whom?
2. In Biers Bar, Pin and a poorly coordinated Tulip retreat from a deadly standoff with which being?
3. Whom does William's father run through with his sword in the de Worde Estate at the end of the novel?
4. Who rescues the dogs that Pin and Tulip attempted to kill?
5. What survived the fire but then went through William's arm in a fight with Pin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William's sense of the truth affect him as a newspaper writer?
2. Why does a crowd form at the Times in pages 197-229? What does Sacharissa make of it?
3. What leads Pin to murder Tulip in pages 260-290?
4. What argument arises about the power and danger of dark light in pages 163-197?
5. What leads up to the climax of The Truth in pages 260-290?
6. What do Pin and Tulip do with the terriers in pages 163-197? How are the terriers saved?
7. What symbolic imagery is depicted in the destruction of the shed in pages 260-290? How is Death described?
8. What do Sacharissa and Rocky go to the de Worde townhouse for in pages 229-260? What do they discover?
9. What event shows William and Sacharissa's dedication to the news at the end of the novel?
10. What do Pin and Tulip do after forcing their way into Mr. Slant's office in pages 229-260?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)