|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does William grab across the table while demanding to know what everyone knows?
(c) Lord de Worde.
2. What is Foul Ole Ron's favorite word?
3. Biers Bar caters to whom?
(a) The poor.
(b) The rich.
(c) The undead.
(d) The Irish.
4. What zombie does Pin want to talk to again before leaving town after fulfilling part of his contract with Tulip?
(d) Mr. Slant.
5. Who kills Tulip at the end of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is a psychotic taken over by eight personalities who switch dominance at five-minute intervals?
2. When William returns from protective custody at the end of the novel, Slant confirms that who has been elected Patrician?
3. In Biers Bar, Pin and a poorly coordinated Tulip retreat from a deadly standoff with which being?
4. After saving the dogs from the river, who wants to give them artificial respiration, but is told it is unhygienic?
5. What is the name of Ankh-Morpork's fire department?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the dwarfs attempt to break into the Inquirer's office in pages 229-260? Who do they find?
2. How do Pin and Tulip disguise themselves in pages 163-197? Why?
3. Why does a crowd form at the Times in pages 197-229? What does Sacharissa make of it?
4. What do Sacharissa and Rocky go to the de Worde townhouse for in pages 229-260? What do they discover?
5. What leads Pin to murder Tulip in pages 260-290?
6. What changes in William once he discovers his father's involvement in the plot?
7. How does William's sense of the truth affect him as a newspaper writer?
8. What does the Committee to Unelect the Patrician think of the Times in pages 163-197?
9. Who leads William to Wuffles in pages 229-260?
10. What symbolic argument takes place between William and Vimes in pages 163-197?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)