|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ankh-Morpork's most enterprisingly unsuccessful entrepreneur?
(a) Otto Chriek.
(b) Cut Me Own Throat (C.M.O.T.) Dibbler.
(c) Dr. A. A. Dinwiddie.
(d) Sgt. Detritus.
2. What does Tulip's apron say when he takes a barbecue set?
(a) "Hate the Cook!"
(b) "Kiss the Cook!"
(c) "Kill the Cook!"
(d) "Love the Cook!"
3. Who is the Patrician of Ankh-Morpork?
(a) Lord Havelock Vetinari.
(b) William de Worde.
(c) Sgt. Angua.
4. According to Vimes, Vetinari was found unconscious in the stables with how much money?
5. Who owns the establishment named the Bucket?
(a) Mr. Sausage.
(b) Mr. Cheese.
(c) Mr. Cracker.
(d) Mr. Wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Ankh-Morpork police force?
2. What newspaper does William de Worde establish in the novel?
3. Who is the proprietress of a Lodging House for Respectable Working Men?
4. What refers to a group of Ankh-Morpork notables devoted to saving the city from oblivion?
5. When talking with William, the head of the forensic unit of the City Watch lets slip that the jailed Patrician has suffered what event?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the discussion between William and the Patrician in pages 64-98 illuminate the theme of truth?
2. What is revealed about the City Watch and Commander Vimes in pages 32-64?
3. What happens when William interviews Arthur Crank?
4. What does William fear about the Times' growth in pages 32-64?
5. What is William's reaction to the outselling of the Times in pages 32-64? How has his audience changed?
6. How is William's relationship with his father described in the novel? How does William's education relate to his occupation?
7. What effect does the iconograph machine have on Otto? How does the iconographer work?
8. What temptation does Otto face when Sacharissa is injured in pages 98-126? Why?
9. What clues does William discover and expand on in the Oblong Office in pages 98-126?
10. What does the rumor of the Patrician murdering his secretary turn out to be?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)