|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A priest from the Om temple and an enormous nun named ______________ offer assistance in dispersing the crowd attempting to pass off dogs for the reward at the Times.
(a) Sister Wanda.
(b) Sister Jackson.
(c) Sister Jennifer.
(d) Sister James.
2. William offers a reward of how much for the Patrician's dog, figuring that he might need to be on the Watch's good side?
3. What refers to the directory of all the nobility of Ankh-Morpork and its satellites, describing their lineage and titles?
(a) The Ankh-Morpork Ancestry Record.
(b) Twurp's Peerage.
(c) The de Lorde Peerage.
(d) Anderson's Peerage.
4. What does the enormous nun do with the terriers brought for the reward by the crowd to the Times?
(a) Puts them in a bag.
(b) Takes them home.
(c) Shoots them.
(d) Takes them to the vet.
5. An old priest interrupts the incognito Pin and Tulip and gets into a discussion with Tulip about ___________.
(a) A golden spoon.
(b) A sacred book.
(c) A silver candlestick.
(d) A wooden bowl.
6. As Wuffles attacks Pin in the print shed at the end of the novel, a crossbow misfire hits what object?
(a) A vase.
(b) A chair.
(c) An oil lamp.
(d) A painting.
7. Where does Gaspode dive when he comes to the bridge and sees all the other dogs?
(a) Aboard the St. John.
(b) Into the river.
(c) Onto a bus.
(d) Under Ole Foul Ron's coat.
8. What is Foul Ole Ron's favorite word?
9. Who is the head of the Assassins' Guild?
(c) Mr. Downey.
10. When Trixiebell and Deep Bone accompany William back to the print shed, Pin and Tulip are waiting, demanding to see whom?
11. After the destruction of the printing press, William considers he cannot afford another because he still owes money to whom?
(d) Harry King.
12. Late in the novel, what drives Mr. Pin to see ghosts of past victims?
(a) A dream.
(b) A bat.
(c) An obscurograph.
(d) A conversation with Tulip.
13. From whom does William borrow scales?
(a) Mrs. Arcanum.
(b) Cpl. Nobby Nobbs.
(c) Dr. A. A. Dinwiddie.
(d) Otto Chriek.
14. Who is the High Priest of Blind Io and unofficial spokesman for Ankh-Morpork's religious establishment?
(a) Sgt. Angua.
(b) Hughnon Ridcully.
(c) Ole Foul Ron.
(d) Deep Bone.
15. When talking with Vimes at the end of the novel, William insists that there is enough to release Vetinari and offers to debate publicly his right to defend himself against what being?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A troll.
(c) A werewolf.
(d) A dwarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ankh-Morpork's fire department?
2. When Slant tries to sneak a few fake diamonds into his payment to Pin and Tulip, what does Pin pull on him?
3. Who convinces the staff of the Inquirer to take the night off for $100 at the end of the novel?
4. Where do Pin and Tulip escape to hide as William's print shed collapses?
5. Who declares that people find true only that which promotes survival and what is important to one is dull to others after the dwarf fight at the Times headquarters?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)