|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the second threatening note that Marcus received say?
(a) Disappear or die.
(b) You are in trouble.
(c) Go home, Goldman.
(d) I will kill you.
2. How did Harry feel about Nola?
(a) He could not wait to leave Somerset so he would not have to see her any more.
(b) He loved her.
(c) He thought she was a silly young girl.
(d) He liked her, but not very much.
3. What was the name of Marcus's college roommate?
4. What did Marcus find in Stern's house that became a critical piece of evidence?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A bone fragment.
(c) A painting of Nola.
(d) A gun.
5. Who gave Nola the leather bag that was buried with her?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the woman who was fatally shot on the same night Nola Kellergan disappeared?
2. What nickname does Tamara Quinn call her husband?
3. What did Harry tell Marcus is the single most important thing he could teach him?
4. What did the inscription on the manuscript that was found with Nola's remains say?
5. Who did Marcus think that Nola was also having an affair with during the summer of 1975?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jenny's mother, Tamara Quinn, feel about the prospect of a relationship between Harry and Jenny?
2. Why did David Kellergan tell Marcus he always listens to music in his garage so loudly?
3. When Marcus visited Harry in Somerset in 2008, what stunning note did he find in Harry's house?
4. What did Marcus's publisher, Roy Barnaski, tell Marcus he wanted his book about Harry to include more of?
5. What topic does Marcus's mother always turn any conversation they have to?
6. Why did Marcus decide to write a book about Harry and Nola's relationship and Nola's murder after insisting he would not?
7. Marcus asked Harry how he will know he is a writer. What did Harry tell him?
8. Why did Marcus choose Burrows College over the more prestigious Harvard or Yale?
9. What event led directly to Nola's suicide attempt?
10. What crucial piece of information did Nola's friend Nancy Hattaway tell Marcus that resulted in a critical misunderstanding later in the book?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)