|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Deborah Cooper do when she saw Nola running through the woods with a man running behind her?
(a) Called 911.
(b) Got her shotgun.
(c) Called for her husband.
2. Who painted the painting of Nola that Elijah Stern kept in his house?
(a) Chief Pratt.
3. What did Harry tell Marcus Nola's mother used to do to her?
(a) Tell her she was too fat.
(b) Tell her she needed to date younger men.
(c) Beat her and hold her head under the water.
(d) Take her for ice cream and to the movies.
4. What did Gahalowood decide needed to be done in the investigation after interviewing Luther's sister?
(a) He needed to check a voice recording of Luther's.
(b) He needed to interview Luther's father.
(c) He needed to get a DNA sample from Luther.
(d) He needed to get a handwriting analysis of Luther's handwriting.
5. Who burned the love note Harry wrote to Nola that Tamara Quinn had stolen and put in her safe?
(a) Robert Quinn.
(b) Luther Caleb.
(c) Travis Dawn.
(d) Gareth Pratt.
6. Which relative of Luther Caleb's did Marcus and Gahalowood go to interview?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
7. What shocking piece of information did Chief Pratt admit when Marcus and Gahalowood questioned him in 2008?
(a) Nola had performed a sex act on him in his office in 1975.
(b) He had killed Nola.
(c) Nola had confessed she loved him in 1975,
(d) He had covered for Nola's murderer.
8. What terrible news did Roy Barnaski tell Marcus after he had begun writing his book about Harry?
(a) Barnaski told Marcus readers would never buy the book because it was too boring.
(b) Barnaski told Marcus excerpts from the book had been stolen and would appear in the papers.
(c) Barnaski told Marcus lawyers would sue him for defamation.
(d) Barnaski told Marcus he could not publish the book any more.
9. How did Harry react when Marcus told him he thought Nola had had a relationship with Elijah Stern during 1975?
(a) Harry said he knew about it.
(b) Harry got very upset.
(c) Harry hurt himself.
(d) Harry punched Marcus in the face.
10. What did Travis Dawn bring to give to Jenny when he visited her at Clark's soon after Nola's disappearance?
(c) Wild roses.
11. How did Marcus react when Benjamin Roth insulted Nola's memory?
(a) He yelled at him and stalked off.
(b) He threatened to ruin him.
(c) He pulled a knife on him.
(d) He pushed Roth up against a wall and shoved his forearm in his throat.
12. What is the name of the actress that Marcus used to date?
(a) Michelle Smeigel.
(b) Morgan Sterling.
(c) Jennifer Priestly.
(d) Lydia Gloor.
13. What was the name of Luther's fiance?
14. When did Harry get his dog?
(a) Right after he met Nola, because she loved dogs.
(b) Three years after his book was published.
(c) For Christmas 1975, after Nola disappeared.
(d) When he moved back to New York City.
15. What was the name of the street Deborah Cooper lived on?
(a) River Bend Way.
(b) Little Stream Road.
(c) Side Creek Lane.
(d) Hill Side Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harry tell Marcus after he was released from jail about his and Marcus's relationship?
2. What real-life historical event was the release of Marcus's book competing with?
3. Who wrote the words that were on the manuscript buried with Nola?
4. Why did Stern keep the painting of Nola all those years after she disappeared?
5. How was Deborah Cooper killed?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)