|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first event Nola asked Harry to attend?
(a) The county fair.
(b) The match-making festival.
(c) The town gala.
(d) The end-of-year high school show.
2. What nickname does Tamara Quinn call her husband?
3. What was the main job that Luther Caleb did for Elijah Stern?
(a) He was Stern's accountant.
(b) He was Stern's lawyer.
(c) He was Stern's chauffeur.
(d) He was Stern's interior decorator.
4. What did the inscription on the manuscript that was found with Nola's remains say?
(a) You killed me, Nola.
(b) It was not meant to be, Nola.
(c) Good-bye, darling Nola.
(d) I will love you forever, Nola.
5. Who was Harry's lawyer?
(a) Benjamin Roth.
(b) Roy Barnaski.
(c) Travis Dawn.
(d) Luther Caleb.
6. What did the first threatening note Marcus received say?
(a) Go home, Goldman.
(b) We hate you.
(c) You are in trouble.
(d) I will burn this house down.
7. What did Marcus use to record his and Harry's conversations in jail?
(a) A smartphone.
(b) A video camera.
(c) A mini-disc machine.
(d) A tape recorder.
8. Who is the librarian in Somerset who helps Marcus with his research?
(a) Jennifer Quinn.
(b) Ernie Pinkas.
(c) Stephanie Riley.
(d) Nancy Hattaway.
9. What cover story did Tamara come up with to tell her guests about her big announcement at the garden party?
(a) She told them Jenny was marrying Travis Dawn.
(b) She told them she was getting a divorce.
(c) She told them she was going on a trip to the Bahamas.
(d) She told them her husband Robert had cancer and was dying.
10. Who is the wealthy businessman that Luther Caleb worked for?
(a) Robert Steele.
(b) Travis Dawn.
(c) Elijah Stern.
(d) Gareth Pratt.
11. Who was Tamara Quinn's daughter?
12. What kind of car did Harry drive in 1975?
(a) A gray Maserati.
(b) A blue Mustang.
(c) A red Corvette.
(d) A black Chevrolet Monte Carlo.
13. What is the name of Marcus's secretary?
14. What was the name of the manuscript that made Harry famous?
(a) The Origin of Evil.
(b) Evil is my Origin.
(c) The Seagulls of Somerset.
(d) Love on the Beach.
15. Why did Tamara Quinn want to ruin Harry's reputation?
(a) She was angry at him for embarrassing her by not showing up at her garden party and rejecting her daughter.
(b) She hated his writing.
(c) She thought he was pretentious.
(d) She thought he had killed on of her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrible even happened on July 13, 1975?
2. What did Harry tell Marcus the first time Marcus asked him for his opinion on his writing?
3. What gift did Nola give to Harry?
4. Where did Harry and Ernie Pinkas meet for a break in July of 1975?
5. Who did Jenny say would be able to tell Marcus the most about Nola?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)