|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV (Pages 387 - 515).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal did Nola make with Elijah Stern so Harry could stay in the house at Goose Cove?
(a) She agreed to sing for him whenever he wanted.
(b) She agreed to work as a prostitute for him.
(c) She agreed to pose nude for Luther so he could paint her.
(d) She agreed to model clothes for his fashion line.
2. Why did the person writing the threatening letters to Harry stop writing them?
(a) He was afraid he would get caught.
(b) He knew they were not working so he stopped.
(c) He felt sorry for Harry after seeing his obvious grief over losing Nola.
(d) His daughter asked him to stop.
3. When Marcus and Gahalowood saw a painting of Luther's fiance, who did they think she resembled?
(a) Amy Pratt.
(d) Marcus's mother.
4. What real-life historical event was the release of Marcus's book competing with?
(a) The 2008 presidential election.
(b) The end of the Iraq War.
(c) The 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination.
(d) The 50th anniversary of WWII.
5. What was the name of the manuscript that made Harry famous?
(a) The Seagulls of Somerset.
(b) Evil is my Origin.
(c) The Origin of Evil.
(d) Love on the Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic did Marcus's mother always bring up in conversation with him?
2. What was the name of Marcus's college roommate?
3. What color was the dress Nola was wearing when she was killed?
4. Which sport did Harry and Marcus often practice together?
5. What was Tamara Quinn's greatest secret that she kept from her family?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)