Part I (Prologue to Page 127)
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Dicker, Joel. The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair. Penguin, 2012.
• The book opens in October 2008. Writer Marcus Goldman had become rich and famous at the age of 28 with the huge success of his first novel. His second book, just released, was also a sensation.
• Marcus's second book was focused on his former writing mentor and Burrows College professor, Harry Quebert, and what had happened in the small New Hampshire town of Somerset in 1975.
• The book flashes back to winter of 2008, eight month's before the publication of Marcus's second book. The book begins at Chapter 31 and the chapter numbers move backwards to one.
• The number of chapters - 31 - is the number of pieces of writing advice Harry Quebert bestows upon Marcus. Each chapter begins with a piece of advice on...
This section contains 16,607 words
(approx. 56 pages at 300 words per page)