|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people has Deborah invited to the townhouse gala?
2. What time is it when Macy is holding Delia's hand on the way to the hospital, after Delia's water breaks?
3. Why is Jason coming back for the weekend in Chapter 13?
4. How much money does Wes give Bert before Bert goes to the Armageddon social?
5. On the fourth of July, when does the library close?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 19, what are some things that have gone wrong with Deborah's project?
2. Why is Macy sort of grateful for all the various crises?
3. What was Mr. Queen's form of worship?
4. What does the sculpture look like that Macy sees in Chapter 11? In Chapter 11,
5. On Independence Day, why does Deborah talk Macy to work?
6. What is the grossest thing that has ever happened to Macy?
7. Why does Kristy say that the book "Forbidden" is just like Wes and Macy's relationship?
8. Why is Bert upset when Delia and Kristy want to use the bathroom at Macy's house?
9. Describe Delia's baby.
10. Now that Macy is grounded, what can she do in her free time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 1 and 2, readers learn how the death of Macy's father has affected her and her mother. Discuss how Macy's father died and how his death affected Macy and her mother, and how each of them coped.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 14, Macy thinks about how she has changed. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the changes in Macy and how these changes are affecting her life.
Essay Topic 3
Chapters 15 and 16 contain some examples of irony. Discuss irony and how it is used in Chapters 15 and 16.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)