|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Melissa when she died?
2. How old was Caroline when Macy ran her first race?
3. What is the woman reading at the produce stand when Macy drives by?
4. How large across is the sculpture that Macy sees as she drives to Delia's house?
5. In Chapter 6, where is Delia's company catering a retirement party?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the divorce, what did Wes' mother serve?
2. What are Macy's plans for the summer?
3. How does Delia solve the problem when the hams for the main course for the retirement dinner are left behind?
4. How did Kristy get her scars?
5. Why did Macy drop her friends after her dad died?
6. What type of a driver is Bert?
7. What is lunch like the first day that Macy works at the library?
8. Describe Amanda and Bethany.
9. How does Macy describe herself?
10. Describe the character of Jason.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 5, Delia states that she believes some things are meant to be broken. Discuss why Delia believes some things are meant to be broken and how that belief affects her life.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 16, Macy is finally able to grieve for her father. The objective of this lesson is to discuss Macy's grief, and why she is finally able to grieve for her father.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 8, when Caroline and Macy see Wes selling his sculptures at the farmer's market, Caroline interprets Wes' work. Compare and contrast Caroline's interpretation of Wes' work with his interpretation.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)