|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jumps out of the stacks at the library and startles Macy?
2. How late has Macy noticed her mother working in her office?
3. What day of the week does Delia take off from work?
4. What is the woman reading at the produce stand when Macy drives by?
5. What killed Melissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Macy's parents meet?
2. What type of a driver is Bert?
3. Why did Macy drop her friends after her dad died?
4. How much time does Macy spend on her appearance?
5. After the divorce, what did Wes' mother serve?
6. Describe Amanda and Bethany.
7. What are Macy's plans for the summer?
8. How does Delia solve the problem when the hams for the main course for the retirement dinner are left behind?
9. Describe the character of Jason.
10. What does the sculpture look like that Macy sees on her way to Delia's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 19, Deborah learns Wes' story. Discuss Wes' story and how Deborah's opinion of Wes changes. Discuss Macy's relationship with her mother and how it changes.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, Macy realizes that Caroline has come to visit with an agenda she expects to see accomplished. Discuss Caroline's agenda.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 13, contrast is an important theme. Discuss the contrasts in this chapter and what they reveal.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)