|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macy do after Caroline's slideshow of the beach house?
2. How many questions does Macy answer on Monday at the library?
3. How many shrimp hit the floor when Kristy yanks the tray away from Mr. Talbot.
4. Where does Caroline live?
5. What is Macy carrying when someone jumps out of the stacks and says, "Gotcha!"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bert's new vehicle.
2. How much time does Macy spend on her appearance?
3. How did Macy's parents meet?
4. What type of a driver is Bert?
5. Why doesn't Delia fix the pothole near her house?
6. How did Kristy get her scars?
7. Why is Deborah so stressed out?
8. How does Macy describe Kristy when she first meets her?
9. What is lunch like the first day that Macy works at the library?
10. Why does Deborah think it might be best to tear the beach house down and start over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, Macy remembers how running was such a large part of her life when her father was alive. Discuss what running meant to Macy before and after her father's death.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 13, it begins to look like Macy's two worlds are going to collide and only one will survive. Discuss why Macy's worlds will collide and why only one world will survive.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 1 and 2, readers learn how the death of Macy's father has affected her and her mother. Discuss how Macy's father died and how his death affected Macy and her mother, and how each of them coped.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)