|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Florrie react when Ginny confronts her about her relationship with Tom?
(a) She says Tom loves Florrie more.
(b) She says she is not interested in Tom.
(c) She says Ginny is still delusional.
(d) She says she merely endures Tom.
2. How long does it take Ginny to write the letter?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Over a week.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) A month.
3. Who accompanies Florrie to Ginny's house in Chapter 10?
4. Where is the only place that Ginny feels she can get any peace?
(a) The barn.
(b) The smokehouse.
(c) The outhouse.
(d) The library.
5. What does Tom tell Ginny after he learns about the shooting at the revival?
(a) He is thankful that she is not hurt.
(b) He thinks the people got what was coming to them.
(c) He thinks the shooters should be put in jail.
(d) He forbids her to go to any more revivals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom hire Florrie to do?
2. Where does Tom store his money?
3. What does Tom do every night?
4. What does Ginny accuse Florrie of doing?
5. What is the name of Ginny's new baby in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ginny feel as if she is fighting for her place in the family regarding Florrie's help?
2. What is the purpose of Ginny's letter to Locke?
3. What tragedy occurs when Ginny attends her first revival in a long time?
4. Soon after the birth of Ginny's son, Muir, why does Tom get so angry when she invites the midwife's children to stay for awhile?
5. What is the purpose of Chapter 10 regarding Ginny's feelings about Florrie?
6. What does Ginny reveal to Locke in the letter about their father and the hypocrisy in the family?
7. When does the demon spirit come to visit Ginny and what effect is it having on Tom now?
8. How is the blinding smoke a metaphor for Ginny and Tom's marriage?
9. What sore spot exists between Ginny and Florrie and what is Lily's role in Chapter 10?
10. Explain what Tom does when Ginny refuses to stay home from the revival and what his motivations might have been.
This section contains 1,375 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)