|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the lawyer Ginny and Pa hire to legally establish the the boundary of their property?
(a) Lawyer Jameson.
(b) Lawyer Kerrigan.
(c) Lawyer Gibbs.
(d) Lawyer Voyles.
2. Why is Ginny no longer interested in reconciling with Tom?
(a) He has moved out of the house.
(b) He has said that he no longer loves her.
(c) He had pulled a gun on her.
(d) She is in love with someone new.
3. Why does Tom plant surplus vegetables in the garden?
(a) To can them.
(b) To take to the soup kitchen.
(c) To sell them.
(d) To give them to the preacher.
4. What does Ginny wet in the stream so she and Pa can breathe through it and get to safety?
(a) Her crinoline.
(b) Her apron.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her dress.
5. How many peaches does Lily peel for every six that Ginny peels?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginny remember about her mother?
2. As Ginny works in the fields with Tom, she begins to understand __________________.
3. One day, Tom comes running into the house shouting that the _________________ are on fire.
4. From what disease has Ginny recently recovered?
5. What does Ginny ask of the person to whom she writes the letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Tom does when Ginny refuses to stay home from the revival and what his motivations might have been.
2. What tragedy occurs when Ginny attends her first revival in a long time?
3. What is the purpose of Chapter 10 regarding Ginny's feelings about Florrie?
4. What is the content of the letter Locke has written to Ginny?
5. How do Ginny and Tom experience a "baptism of fire" when their land catches on fire?
6. Why does Ginny feel as if she is fighting for her place in the family regarding Florrie's help?
7. What is the purpose of Ginny's letter to Locke?
8. What is the nature of the dream that Ginny has regarding Thurman Johnson?
9. What is Tom's reaction when Ginny fires Florrie?
10. What sore spot exists between Ginny and Florrie and what is Lily's role in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)