|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Florrie considers Lily to be a ___________________.
(a) compassionate person.
(c) good friend.
(d) great conversationalist.
2. How long has it been since Ginny attended a revival?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Five months.
3. What does Tom hire Florrie to do?
(a) Take Pa into her home.
(b) Help with the housework.
(c) Make pies for a bake sale.
(d) Watch the children.
4. Where was the item in #116 found?
(a) In the refrigerator.
(b) Under a pile of Lily's clothes.
(c) In the glove compartment.
(d) In a dresser drawer.
5. What does Tom do every night?
(a) Feeds the pigs.
(b) Reads to the children.
(c) Counts his money.
(d) Milks the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ginny works in the fields with Tom, she begins to understand __________________.
2. Why is Ginny no longer interested in reconciling with Tom?
3. Who starts shooting during a revival which Ginny attends?
4. Which of the following do the women NOT argue about?
5. What does Ginny hear after she reaches the revival site?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Chapter 10 regarding Ginny's feelings about Florrie?
2. What does Ginny reveal to Locke in the letter about their father and the hypocrisy in the family?
3. How do Ginny and Tom experience a "baptism of fire" when their land catches on fire?
4. When does the demon spirit come to visit Ginny and what effect is it having on Tom now?
5. Explain what Tom does when Ginny refuses to stay home from the revival and what his motivations might have been.
6. On what topic is Florrie especially annoyed with Lily?
7. Why do Florrie and Lily go to Ginny's house to help, and what do the two sisters think of Lily?
8. What tragedy occurs when Ginny attends her first revival in a long time?
9. How is the blinding smoke a metaphor for Ginny and Tom's marriage?
10. What sore spot exists between Ginny and Florrie and what is Lily's role in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)