|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Indian doctor give to Ginny before she left?
(b) Healing crystals.
(c) A tonic.
(d) Herb poultices.
2. What season is it soon after Ginny and Tom's wedding?
(b) Maple syrup.
(d) Apple butter.
3. How many of Tom's relatives come for the wedding?
4. Which person in Ginny's family does Tom dislike?
5. Which of the following was NOT something that the traveling peddler, Ahmed, sold?
(b) Writing paper.
(d) Sewing supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's answer to the question in #46?
2. Ginny says that everything was fine in her marriage until _________________.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the man after he was rid of the demons?
4. Why does Tom think that Joe's wife buys new dresses all the time?
5. What was notable about the man after he was rid of the demons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What feelings and memories are rekindled in Tom while watching Ginny at the revival?
2. How are Ginny's views of speaking in tongues in conflict with those of Locke's?
3. What does Locke recall about a train trip from Washington to San Francisco?
4. What embarrassing thing does the traveling teacher, Mr. Simcox, do one night while courting Ginny and why does she question whether or not they would be a good match?
5. How do Ginny and Tom differ in their views of how to help the Bright family with money and pantry items?
6. Who is Ginny's first child and in what way does she think her marriage changes?
7. Describe how the Peace family members react to the spirit at the revival.
8. Describe Tom's accident during molasses season.
9. How does Ginny view her brother, Locke?
10. Where do Ginny and Tom get married and where do they plan to live?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)