|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Ginny think that the teacher may not be right for her?
(a) He did not want to have children.
(b) He did not make much money.
(c) He was too serious.
(d) He wanted to move far away.
2. How did the doctors cure the demon-possessed man?
(a) They gave him shock treatments.
(b) They gave him a lobotomy.
(c) They performed a sort of exorcism.
(d) They put him into psychological counseling.
3. How many of Tom's relatives come for the wedding?
4. Who falls into the boiling pot of the substance in #66?
5. What did other people tell Ginny when she was fifteen?
(a) She would grow up to be a beautiful woman.
(b) She was a scholar and good looks didn't matter.
(c) She would get married and have six children.
(d) She would be an old maid all her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ginny asks Tom if ________________ could be a sign about their future.
2. Which of the following is something Ginny did NOT experience while taking the tonic?
3. Who is Joe's wife?
4. Which family in town has been hit hard by the typhoid that has been spreading?
5. What is Ginny's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ginny and Tom differ in their views of how to help the Bright family with money and pantry items?
2. What is the basis of Tom's dislike of Lily?
3. What does Ginny accuse Tom of after he hurts her and what will be their points of contention throughout the book?
4. Describe Locke's encounter with a demon-possessed man in the Philippines.
5. What will fire come to symbolize in Ginny and Tom's relationship?
6. Where do Ginny and Tom get married and where do they plan to live?
7. Describe Ginny's encounter with a demon spirit as she tries to walk to Sunset Rock prior to her baby being born.
8. What do Ginny and Tom hope to get out of their relationship?
9. What does Locke recall about a train trip from Washington to San Francisco?
10. What was Ginny's opinion of her looks all through her life?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)