|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls into the boiling pot of the substance in #66?
2. What seems to be most important to Tom when he and Ginny are at the place in #40?
(a) Being drafted into the army.
(b) The land that her family owns.
(c) Getting a better job.
(d) Ginny's happiness.
3. The person in #69 heals and has scars only on his ________________.
4. Ginny asks Tom if ________________ could be a sign about their future.
(a) the thunderstorm.
(b) the meteors.
(c) the hurricane.
(d) the starless night.
5. How did the doctors cure the demon-possessed man?
(a) They gave him a lobotomy.
(b) They performed a sort of exorcism.
(c) They put him into psychological counseling.
(d) They gave him shock treatments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Indian doctor's wife who read Ginny's fortune?
2. Why did the doctors think the man was possessed by demons?
3. Who was the traveling teacher with whom Ginny had a small romance?
4. Which person in Ginny's family does Tom dislike?
5. What had Ginny served to Tom at the church picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What feelings and memories are rekindled in Tom while watching Ginny at the revival?
2. What was the result of Ginny's following the Indian doctor's advice?
3. What is a pound party and what is its purpose?
4. What was the Happyland Colony, and what bad memory does Tom have of it?
5. Describe how the Peace family members react to the spirit at the revival.
6. What does Tom accomplish on the farm, and why is Ginny fearful that Pa may resent his work?
7. How do their reactions to the meteor shower show Ginny and Tom's personalities?
8. What is the basis of Tom's dislike of Lily?
9. What could be a very important reason from his childhood that prevents Tom from giving more than Ginny thinks he should?
10. What happens at the revival where the perpetrators yell about "baptisms of fire"?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)