|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tom angry when he comes home from the fields one day?
(a) Florrie was spreading rumors about her affair with Tom.
(b) Someone in town was talking about Ginny.
(c) The tractor broke down again.
(d) Someone has been cutting timber on the outskirts of their land.
2. Why does Tom plant surplus vegetables in the garden?
(a) To take to the soup kitchen.
(b) To give them to the preacher.
(c) To can them.
(d) To sell them.
3. What is Pa unable to produce that would help his case in court?
(a) A bill of sale.
(b) A deed to the property.
(c) A blueprint of the property.
(d) The lawyer's retainer fee.
4. Where was the item in #116 found?
(a) Under a pile of Lily's clothes.
(b) In the refrigerator.
(c) In a dresser drawer.
(d) In the glove compartment.
5. What is the name of the family which lives on the other side of the mountain?
6. With what has Moody become fascinated lately?
7. What is the name of Ginny's new baby girl in Chapter 17?
8. What does Tom tell Ginny after he learns about the shooting at the revival?
(a) He thinks the people got what was coming to them.
(b) He is thankful that she is not hurt.
(c) He thinks the shooters should be put in jail.
(d) He forbids her to go to any more revivals.
9. What does Ginny hear after she reaches the revival site?
(a) People talking in voices she can't understand.
(b) The minister calls out her name.
(c) Tom's shotgun blasts.
(d) A woman wailing.
10. For how many days does Ginny have a fever?
11. Florrie considers Lily to be a ___________________.
(a) good friend.
(c) compassionate person.
(d) great conversationalist.
12. What does Tom forbid Ginny to do?
(a) Attend a revival.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Drink liquor.
(d) Be out after dark.
13. Who accompanies Florrie to Ginny's house in Chapter 10?
14. How does Florrie react when Ginny confronts her about her relationship with Tom?
(a) She says Ginny is still delusional.
(b) She says she merely endures Tom.
(c) She says Tom loves Florrie more.
(d) She says she is not interested in Tom.
15. What does Florrie do every time that Lily speaks?
(b) Rolls her eyes.
(d) Agrees with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Ginny attended a revival?
2. Who starts shooting during a revival which Ginny attends?
3. What does Ginny accuse Florrie of doing?
4. What does Ginny insist on doing when Tom offers to get Florrie's help?
5. What is the doctor's diagnosis of Tom's sickness?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)