|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginny ask of the person to whom she writes the letter?
(a) Christmas candy recipes.
(b) To come for a visit.
(c) Memories of their mother.
(d) To borrow some money.
2. How long does it take Ginny to write the letter?
(a) Over a week.
(b) Several hours.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) A month.
3. How many pages does the letter consist of?
4. For how many days does Ginny have a fever?
5. Who is the lawyer Ginny and Pa hire to legally establish the the boundary of their property?
(a) Lawyer Voyles.
(b) Lawyer Gibbs.
(c) Lawyer Kerrigan.
(d) Lawyer Jameson.
6. Who starts shooting during a revival which Ginny attends?
(a) The Grimm boys.
(b) The Gibson boys.
(c) The Grayson boys.
(d) The Gallagher boys.
7. Which of the following do the women NOT argue about?
(d) Their role as women.
8. What does Ginny say is the bright light she sees when she is sick and delusional?
(a) Street lamps.
(c) Migraine auras.
(d) The Holy Spirit.
9. As Ginny works in the fields with Tom, she begins to understand __________________.
(a) the importance of mulching.
(b) the importance of the farm to Tom.
(c) the importance of fertilizer.
(d) the importance of rotating crops.
10. What does Ginny pour on Tom's body to cool him?
11. What does Tom hire Florrie to do?
(a) Take Pa into her home.
(b) Watch the children.
(c) Help with the housework.
(d) Make pies for a bake sale.
12. Who dies from having a stroke and then falling on an ax?
(c) Mr. Johnson.
13. What does Ginny hear one night as she and Tom make love?
(a) A fire engine siren.
(b) The baby crying.
(c) Her own voice speaking in tongues.
14. Where does Tom store his money?
(a) A safe.
(b) A shoe box.
(c) A hat box.
(d) A cigar box.
15. What causes a series of knocking sounds in the house?
(a) A demon spirit.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) Kids playing a prank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Ginny envies about Florrie?
2. From what disease has Ginny recently recovered?
3. What is ironic about Tom's protests about taking care of people who have typhoid?
4. Why does Tom plant surplus vegetables in the garden?
5. What does Ginny give to Tom to drink to regain his strength?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)