|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginny still see as a mission in her marriage?
(a) To have Tom become more demonstrative.
(b) Convert Tom to the Pentecostal religion.
(c) To establish college funds for the children.
(d) Have three girls and three boys.
2. What is the name of Ginny's new baby girl in Chapter 17?
3. Where does Tom go after the fire?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) A bar in town.
(c) The outhouse.
(d) Florrie's house.
4. What does Ginny accuse Florrie of doing?
(a) Putting too much bleach in the laundry.
(b) Trying to steal her husband.
(c) Talking about her behind her back.
(d) Taking money from the house.
5. What does Ginny say is the bright light she sees when she is sick and delusional?
(b) Migraine auras.
(c) Street lamps.
(d) The Holy Spirit.
6. From what disease has Ginny recently recovered?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
7. Florrie considers Lily to be a ___________________.
(a) compassionate person.
(b) great conversationalist.
(d) good friend.
8. Where was the item in #116 found?
(a) In a dresser drawer.
(b) In the glove compartment.
(c) In the refrigerator.
(d) Under a pile of Lily's clothes.
9. What does the doctor order Ginny to give to Tom?
(a) Hot tea.
(b) Chicken soup.
(c) Cod liver oil.
(d) Whiskey with honey.
10. What does Florrie do every time that Lily speaks?
(a) Rolls her eyes.
(b) Agrees with her.
11. Why is Tom's reaction when Ginny invites the midwife's children to stay at the house?
(a) He is very happy.
(b) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is livid.
12. One day, Tom comes running into the house shouting that the _________________ are on fire.
13. How does Florrie react when Ginny confronts her about her relationship with Tom?
(a) She says she merely endures Tom.
(b) She says Tom loves Florrie more.
(c) She says Ginny is still delusional.
(d) She says she is not interested in Tom.
14. What does Ginny pour on Tom's body to cool him?
15. What does Ginny see Pa using to fight the fire?
(a) A pine switch.
(b) A garden hose.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A bucket of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom forbid Ginny to do?
2. What is Tom doing to try and put out the fire?
3. What does Ginny drink when she falls ill?
4. What do Tom and Ginny do to work on repairing their marriage?
5. What imaginary things does Moody think are hiding behind the barn?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)