|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Ginny write a letter in Chapter 15?
2. What does Ginny ask of the person to whom she writes the letter?
(a) Memories of their mother.
(b) To borrow some money.
(c) Christmas candy recipes.
(d) To come for a visit.
3. Which of the following do the women NOT argue about?
(b) Their role as women.
4. Why do Florrie and the woman in #109 go to Ginny's house?
(a) To make a quilt.
(b) To can peaches.
(c) To make strawberry jam.
(d) To babysit her kids.
5. Where does Tom store his money?
(a) A cigar box.
(b) A hat box.
(c) A shoe box.
(d) A safe.
6. Lily tells a story about losing her ________________.
7. What does Ginny still see as a mission in her marriage?
(a) To establish college funds for the children.
(b) Have three girls and three boys.
(c) To have Tom become more demonstrative.
(d) Convert Tom to the Pentecostal religion.
8. Florrie considers Lily to be a ___________________.
(b) great conversationalist.
(c) compassionate person.
(d) good friend.
9. What do Tom and Ginny do to work on repairing their marriage?
(a) Working together in the fields.
(b) Plan for another baby.
(c) Move into their own home.
(d) Go to marriage counseling.
10. How does Florrie react when Ginny confronts her about her relationship with Tom?
(a) She says Tom loves Florrie more.
(b) She says Ginny is still delusional.
(c) She says she merely endures Tom.
(d) She says she is not interested in Tom.
11. What is Tom doing to try and put out the fire?
(a) Uses buckets of water from the stream.
(b) Shovels sod onto it.
(c) Throws big rugs on it.
(d) Uses a garden hose.
12. Who is the lawyer Ginny and Pa hire to legally establish the the boundary of their property?
(a) Lawyer Kerrigan.
(b) Lawyer Jameson.
(c) Lawyer Gibbs.
(d) Lawyer Voyles.
13. As Ginny works in the fields with Tom, she begins to understand __________________.
(a) the importance of rotating crops.
(b) the importance of the farm to Tom.
(c) the importance of fertilizer.
(d) the importance of mulching.
14. What does Ginny accuse Florrie of doing?
(a) Talking about her behind her back.
(b) Putting too much bleach in the laundry.
(c) Trying to steal her husband.
(d) Taking money from the house.
15. How long has it been since Ginny attended a revival?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginny hear one night as she and Tom make love?
2. What does Ginny drink when she falls ill?
3. What is Pa unable to produce that would help his case in court?
4. What does Tom hire Florrie to do?
5. Where is the only place that Ginny feels she can get any peace?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)