|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ginny's new baby girl in Chapter 17?
2. What is Pa unable to produce that would help his case in court?
(a) The lawyer's retainer fee.
(b) A deed to the property.
(c) A blueprint of the property.
(d) A bill of sale.
3. What is the name of Ginny's new baby in Chapter 11?
4. Why is Ginny no longer interested in reconciling with Tom?
(a) He has moved out of the house.
(b) She is in love with someone new.
(c) He had pulled a gun on her.
(d) He has said that he no longer loves her.
5. How many pages does the letter consist of?
6. Which woman is considered to be very annoying by most people?
7. What does Tom hire Florrie to do?
(a) Help with the housework.
(b) Make pies for a bake sale.
(c) Take Pa into her home.
(d) Watch the children.
8. What is the doctor's diagnosis of Tom's sickness?
(a) Whooping Cough.
(c) German Measles.
9. What does Ginny insist on doing when Tom offers to get Florrie's help?
(a) The laundry.
(b) Cooking meals.
(c) Canning fruit.
(d) Making baby clothes.
10. Why is Tom's reaction when Ginny invites the midwife's children to stay at the house?
(a) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(b) He is very happy.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is livid.
11. How long has it been since Ginny attended a revival?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
12. With what has Moody become fascinated lately?
13. As Ginny works in the fields with Tom, she begins to understand __________________.
(a) the importance of rotating crops.
(b) the importance of mulching.
(c) the importance of fertilizer.
(d) the importance of the farm to Tom.
14. What does Florrie do every time that Lily speaks?
(a) Rolls her eyes.
(c) Agrees with her.
15. How long does it take Ginny to write the letter?
(a) Over a week.
(b) A month.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) Several hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the women NOT argue about?
2. How many peaches does Lily peel for every six that Ginny peels?
3. What does Tom forbid Ginny to do?
4. What does Ginny hear after she reaches the revival site?
5. Which disease hits the midwife's family?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)