|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom do with David and Joe that he has never done before?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Goes fishing.
(c) Stays in a big hotel.
(d) Drives a car.
2. How did Ginny feel when her sister and father inquired about her female health issues?
3. What was Dr. Johns' prescription for Ginny?
(b) Eat a vegan diet.
(c) Take a hot bath each night.
(d) Drink whiskey twice a day.
4. Ginny says that everything was fine in her marriage until _________________.
(a) Ginny got sick.
(b) the first baby was born.
(c) Tom had an affair.
(d) Pa died.
5. What had Ginny served to Tom at the church picnic?
(c) Apple dumplings.
(d) Fried chicken.
6. On their wedding night, what does Tom do after taking off his dress clothes?
(a) Milks the cows and builds a fire.
(b) Pours some wine and lights a fire.
(c) Feeds the chickens and milks the cows.
(d) Builds a fire and lights candles.
7. What is another name for the church service?
(a) Woodland service.
(b) Church in the meadow.
(c) Brush arbor service.
(d) Sunset services.
8. What does Ginny recall as the first thing she noticed about Tom?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His height.
(c) His huge, blonde mustache.
(d) His sparkling blue eyes.
9. Who is Joe's girlfriend?
10. How does Ginny feel about her behavior at the church service?
(a) She is elated.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She is neutral.
(d) She is angry.
11. What did Tom see a woman do at a Happyland Colony revival when he was a boy?
(a) Faint while praying.
(b) Run through a fire.
(c) Take off all her clothes.
(d) Give birth to a dead baby.
12. Why does Tom think that Joe's wife buys new dresses all the time?
(a) She is a very shallow person.
(b) She is a very vain woman.
(c) She has a hoarding problem.
(d) She is compensating for her childhood as an orphan.
13. The person in #69 heals and has scars only on his ________________.
14. Where does Tom refuse to go with Ginny?
(a) The post office.
(b) The general store.
(c) A revival.
(d) A dress shop.
15. What does Ginny notice about Florrie's behavior with Tom?
(a) She touches him too often.
(b) She will speak only to him.
(c) She pretends he does not exist.
(d) She tries to be courteous to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation in the Peace house?
2. What is Ginny's last name?
3. Who is the only one who is not attacked by the insects in #67?
4. What did Pa buy from Ahmed to give to Ginny?
5. Why does Ginny start to scream when she sees what is in #43?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)