|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ginny take Tom on one Sunday afternoon?
(a) Nag's Head.
(b) Eden Park.
(c) Sunset Rock.
(d) The riverbank.
2. What does Locke say is all he ate on a train from Washington to San Francisco?
(b) Apple pie.
(c) A wheel of cheese.
(d) Five loaves of bread.
3. What does Tom want to give to the needy family?
4. Who falls into the boiling pot of the substance in #66?
5. Who is Florrie's husband?
6. What did other people tell Ginny when she was fifteen?
(a) She was a scholar and good looks didn't matter.
(b) She would be an old maid all her life.
(c) She would grow up to be a beautiful woman.
(d) She would get married and have six children.
7. What type of church service does Ginny attend with her father?
8. Ginny asks Tom if ________________ could be a sign about their future.
(a) the starless night.
(b) the thunderstorm.
(c) the meteors.
(d) the hurricane.
9. What advice did the woman in #54 give to Ginny?
(a) Go to church twice a week.
(b) Marry the third man who asked her.
(c) Don't be afraid of change.
(d) Never leave her father's home.
10. Where does Tom go when he moves out of the bedroom he had shared with Ginny?
(a) The attic.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The barn.
(d) His parents' house.
11. Where do Ginny and Tom get married?
(a) A gazebo in town.
(b) Pa's house.
(c) A meadow.
(d) The Baptist Church.
12. What had Ginny served to Tom at the church picnic?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Apple dumplings.
13. What is Tom's answer to the question in #46?
(a) I sure hope so.
(b) You bet.
(c) Could be.
14. Which family in town has been hit hard by the typhoid that has been spreading?
(a) The Binghams.
(b) The Brodericks.
(c) The Brights.
(d) The Brysons.
15. What did Tom see a woman do at a Happyland Colony revival when he was a boy?
(a) Take off all her clothes.
(b) Run through a fire.
(c) Faint while praying.
(d) Give birth to a dead baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joe's wife always makes comments about _______________________.
2. Why does Tom get mad at Ginny and return to sleeping in the attic?
3. What does Locke recall that the woman across from him on the train ate?
4. What does Ginny refuse to do after the death of her baby?
5. To what does Lock attribute his making it off the ship alive?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)