|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ginny and Tom get married?
(a) A meadow.
(b) Pa's house.
(c) The Baptist Church.
(d) A gazebo in town.
2. What does Tom want to give to the needy family?
3. Ginny says that everything was fine in her marriage until _________________.
(a) Ginny got sick.
(b) Pa died.
(c) the first baby was born.
(d) Tom had an affair.
4. Where does Ginny go when her labor starts with her third child?
(a) Sunset Rock.
(b) The doctor's office.
(c) The midwife's house.
(d) The hospital.
5. Why does Tom accuse Ginny of not obeying the Bible?
(a) She gossips about other people.
(b) She will not obey his order to never attend another revival.
(c) She has had an affair with another man.
(d) She only goes to church when she feels like it.
6. Why did the doctors think the man was possessed by demons?
(a) His hands and feet grew large and gnarly.
(b) He could not speak English but he cursed the doctors in the language.
(c) His eyes turned red.
(d) His teeth grew out over his lip like fangs.
7. What does Ginny experience as the service is coming to an end?
(a) She smells smoke.
(b) She goes blind.
(c) She bleeds from her nose.
(d) She faints.
8. Joe's wife always makes comments about _______________________.
(a) how Tom is scared of lightning.
(b) how Tom can't read.
(c) how Tom can't drive a car.
(d) how Tom got married late in life.
9. What is the name of Ginny's first baby?
10. Who is the preacher who holds the first church service Ginny attends?
(a) Preacher Meyers.
(b) Preacher Morgan.
(c) Preacher Morton.
(d) Preacher McKinney.
11. Who is Joe's wife?
12. Locke says that he went to work on a ship filled with soldiers dying from yellow fever and ______________.
13. How does Ginny feel about her behavior at the church service?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She is elated.
(d) She is neutral.
14. Which family in town has been hit hard by the typhoid that has been spreading?
(a) The Brysons.
(b) The Brights.
(c) The Binghams.
(d) The Brodericks.
15. Which of the following was NOT something that the traveling peddler, Ahmed, sold?
(b) Writing paper.
(c) Sewing supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom thinks that revivals encourage people to act like _______________.
2. Why does Tom get mad at Ginny and return to sleeping in the attic?
3. To what does Ginny become attracted to regarding Tom?
4. What does Ginny encounter when she is walking to the place in #104?
5. What is Ginny's last name?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)