|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Tom once given to Ida Jenkins after her husband died of smallpox?
(a) A side of beef.
(b) A pound of coffee.
(c) A bushel of peaches.
(d) A bushel of potatoes.
2. Ginny was confused why she hadn't yet started having menstrual cycles at the age of ______________.
3. What was Dr. Johns' prescription for Ginny?
(a) Take a hot bath each night.
(b) Eat a vegan diet.
(c) Drink whiskey twice a day.
4. What did the Indian doctor whisper to Ginny during her visit?
(a) A secret name to call herself.
(b) Her future husband's name.
(c) A message from her dead mother.
(d) The scope of her father's illness.
5. What was notable about the man after he was rid of the demons?
(a) He looked like a very old man.
(b) He could no longer speak or understand English.
(c) He could not stop crying.
(d) His eyes changed from green to brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what has Moody become fascinated lately?
2. Why does Tom think that Joe's wife buys new dresses all the time?
3. What event does the preacher organize for the benefit of the family in #97?
4. Which disease hits the midwife's family?
5. Where is the only place that Ginny feels she can get any peace?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)