• Ginny Peace attends her first Pentecostal church service with her father because he wants his family to experience the Spirit firsthand; Ginny's siblings Florrie and Joe and Joe's girlfriend, Lily, also attend.
• At the service, Ginny claims that she only wants to observe because she does not want people to see her rolling around on the ground.
• Ginny is completely drawn in by the preacher and watches Lily roll in the sawdust on the ground.
• Everyone else in the family is having a strong reaction to the service, even Pa, who has tears running down his cheeks.
• Ginny suddenly feels her body rise up and she is propelled down the aisle as she speaks in a tongue she does not understand.
• As the service comes to a close, it becomes obvious that someone has set fire to the revival tent.
• Ginny is embarrassed by her behavior...
This section contains 3,062 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)