|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clarissa secure a good position when she is put on the streets after Edward's death?
(a) She has a lot of nice clothes.
(b) She is a real beauty.
(c) She is experienced.
(d) She is well educated.
2. What is Maturin excited to learn?
(a) That Clarissa has changed since her life in England.
(b) That Clarissa knows the identity of Wray and Ledward's high-ranking accomplice.
(c) That Surprise is sailing on the morning tide.
(d) That Clarissa knows several men who are Maturin's friends.
3. Upon what belief does Dutourd base his actions?
(a) The book of Revelations of the New Testament.
(b) The end justifies the means.
(c) The right of authority.
(d) Spare the rod and spoil the soldier.
4. What does Clarissa think of Annamooka?
(a) She cannot understand the native culture and thus feels uncomfortable.
(b) She find the way they treat woman despicable.
(c) She finds it captivating.
(d) She finds it backward and dirty.
5. Why has Martin avoided Clarissa?
(a) He does not like her.
(b) He does not trust her.
(c) He promises Oakes he would not talk with her.
(d) He feels too much lust for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clarissa's position when she first begins working?
2. What does Clarissa elicit from the men?
3. Who cries out in admiration for Guy Fawkes?
4. Why was Clarissa sent to live with a guardian?
5. In what sort of activities does Clarissa engage in with her cousin, Edward?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)