|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arises in Chapter 5?
(a) A ship-wide wager.
(b) A storm.
(c) A serious fight among the crew.
(d) A ship-wide illness.
2. Why has Martin avoided Clarissa?
(a) He promises Oakes he would not talk with her.
(b) He does not trust her.
(c) He does not like her.
(d) He feels too much lust for her.
3. What does Reade do?
(a) Falls overboard.
(b) Falls off the flying bridge.
(c) Falls and lands on a marlinspike.
(d) Falls off the topsail rigging.
4. What does Maturin discover when he goes to see Clarissa?
(a) She is seasick.
(b) She has been beaten.
(c) She has scurvy.
(d) She has morningsickness.
5. How has Clarissa modified her wedding dress?
(a) Into an evening gown.
(b) She does not change anything since it's her wedding feast.
(c) She has made it larger to fit her growing stomach.
(d) She has made it a bit more of a bold cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clarissa secure a good position when she is put on the streets after Edward's death?
2. What is Maturin excited to learn?
3. Who does not appear at breakfast for several days?
4. Where does the Surprise put in?
5. Why was Clarissa sent to live with a guardian?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)