|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin start having about Clarissa?
(a) Erotic dreams.
(b) Concerns about her health.
2. Where is Aubrey's vessel headed now?
(b) The West Indies.
(c) The coast of France.
3. What do Aubrey and the scout seem to have?
(a) A private understanding.
(b) A barely-concealed animosity.
(c) A good friendship.
(d) Similar ways of doing things.
4. What do Aubrey and the crew do every morning?
(a) Have an officer's meeting and an enlisted men's meeting.
(b) Flood the ballast and pump out the seawater.
(c) Look over the rigging carefully.
(d) Check the cannonades.
5. What helps Aubrey get a good night's sleep?
(b) A couple shots of the contraband whiskey.
(c) Re-reading a letter from his wife.
(d) The brisk salt air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey find below decks?
2. How does Aubrey find the Surprise?
3. Why had Padeen been at a penal colony?
4. Where is Clarissa Oakes?
5. What does Aubrey order regarding pursuit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aubrey say about the dinner later that night to Maturin?
2. How does Clarissa end up at a penal colony in Australia?
3. Upon what mission does Aubrey send Davidge and some other crew and how does Davidge perform?
4. With whom does Aubrey confer on the island and what is the outcome?
5. What do Aubrey and the crew do to Surprise every morning and why?
6. Describe Stephan Maturin.
7. What ship closes to Surprises and what is its purpose?
8. Describe Captain Aubrey.
9. How does the enlisted crew celebrate Oakes' wedding?
10. What do the officers do on the same evening as the crew's celebration, and what do Aubrey and Maturin notice?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)