|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin hope to do some day?
(a) Study the fauna at the Galapagos.
(b) Find a native wife at one of the tropical islands.
(c) Have a large enough vessel to sail around the world.
(d) Visit both places his patients have been.
2. What vessel are Aubrey and Maturin sailing?
3. To whom does Aubrey give his word that there are no stowaways on board?
(a) The governor.
(b) The navy admiral stationed in Port Jackson.
(c) The military police.
(d) The sheriff.
4. What does Aubrey order regarding pursuit?
(a) To turn around and ram it.
(b) To ignore it.
(c) To shoot a warning shot across the other ship's bow.
(d) To heave to.
5. Who insults Maturin one evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Aubrey and the scout seem to have?
2. What happens between Davidge and West?
3. For what will they use the harpooned creature?
4. What does Aubrey inspect with Tom?
5. What is Aubrey intending to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strategy do Maturin and Aubrey agree upon despite what misgivings?
2. How do Aubrey and Maturin pass the next few days while at sea?
3. How does Clarissa end up at a penal colony in Australia?
4. How does the inspection fare?
5. How does Aubrey treat the crew during the voyage to Moahu?
6. What does Clarissa tell Maturin about which he is excited and what does he do?
7. What are Surprises orders?
8. What and how does Aubrey learn about Moahu?
9. Who captains the Franklin and what is the man's philosophy?
10. What does Aubrey decide to do at Moahu, especially after learning what else about the goings on at the island?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)