|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aubrey try to solve the problem some of the officers are having?
(a) A tongue lashing.
(b) Working them to exhaustion.
(c) 10 lashes.
(d) A reprimand.
2. What is the name of the good harbor on Moahu?
3. Who cries out in admiration for Guy Fawkes?
(a) No one.
(b) The Sweeting girls.
(c) The two Welsh crewmen.
(d) The Irish sailors.
4. What do Oakes, West and Davidge demonstrate?
(a) That they wish to not be there.
(b) That they are confused.
(c) That they are happy.
(d) That they are upset.
5. To whom does Maturin write a coded letter?
(a) Sir Wallace Birth.
(b) Sir William Nelson.
(c) Sir Joseph Blaine.
(d) Sir Charles White.
6. To what does Clarissa give rapt attention?
(a) Everything going on on the island.
(b) Her husband.
7. Who drinks himself under the table?
(a) The first mate.
(b) Midshipman Reade.
8. Who rules the north end of Moahu?
(a) The French.
(b) The English.
(c) The Dutch.
9. What is the status of the Trulove?
(a) It has headed for England.
(b) It has sunk.
(c) It is running a blockade at Pabay.
(d) It is docked as a prize at Pabay.
10. What does Reade speak about as he is losing consciousness?
(a) Wanting the last rites.
(b) The crew going in and out of Clarissa's room.
(c) Writing his wife.
(d) His child who died.
11. What infuriates Aubrey about the problems Davidge and West have?
(a) That the two men let them personal lives interfere with their professional lives.
(b) That they should not have tried to repair the main mast with no experience at such things.
(c) That they both are late getting back to the Surprise.
(d) That they both ignore instructions.
12. Who are Wray and Ledward?
(a) The name of the solicitor's firm that Clarissa uses.
(b) The name of the House of Commons sponsors of a bill to legalize prostitution.
(c) Two treasonous government officials.
(d) Two brothers who often come to where Clarissa works.
13. To what is Clarissa's sentence of death commuted?
(b) A pardon when her innocence is proven.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) Twenty years.
14. What do the officers hold for Oakes and Clarissa?
(a) An honor walk under crossed swords.
(b) Nothing; there is too much jealousy.
(c) A wedding present of cash.
(d) A wedding feast.
15. What is wrong with the duke who is mentioned by Clarissa?
(a) His left eye is missing.
(b) His left arm is deformed.
(c) A deformity in his leg.
(d) 8 of his fingers are deformed.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Aubrey transfer care of the livestock in question?
2. Where is the Franklin?
3. Who does not appear at breakfast for several days?
4. Where does the Surprise put in?
5. About what does Aubrey fume?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)