|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Wray and Ledward?
(a) The name of the House of Commons sponsors of a bill to legalize prostitution.
(b) Two treasonous government officials.
(c) The name of the solicitor's firm that Clarissa uses.
(d) Two brothers who often come to where Clarissa works.
2. What do Oakes, West and Davidge demonstrate?
(a) That they are upset.
(b) That they are happy.
(c) That they are confused.
(d) That they wish to not be there.
3. What does Maturin discover when he goes to see Clarissa?
(a) She has been beaten.
(b) She has scurvy.
(c) She is seasick.
(d) She has morningsickness.
4. How does narration characterize the wedding dinner?
(a) An absolute catastrophe.
(b) A wonderfully entertaining evening.
(c) Not a complete catastrophe.
(d) An evening of alternating rancor and delight.
5. What sort of reception does the Surprise receive?
(d) Wildly enthusiastic.
6. With whom does Aubrey discuss the situation at Moahu?
(c) The Governor.
7. Approximately when was Clarissa born?
8. Who is crewing the Franklin?
9. For what reason do Clarissa and Maturin go ashore together?
(a) To seek a herbalogist.
(b) To study the local flora and fauna.
(c) To seek a medical shaman.
(d) To replenish medical supplies.
10. What divides the north from the south of the island?
(a) A swamp.
(b) A large lagoon.
(c) A great wall.
(d) A mountainous jungle.
11. What does Reade speak about as he is losing consciousness?
(a) His child who died.
(b) Wanting the last rites.
(c) The crew going in and out of Clarissa's room.
(d) Writing his wife.
12. Who rules the South end of Moahu?
(b) The Dutch.
(d) The French.
13. Who drinks himself under the table?
(b) The first mate.
(c) Midshipman Reade.
14. To whom does Aubrey transfer care of the livestock in question?
(a) Jemmy Ducks.
15. What does Clarissa think of Annamooka?
(a) She cannot understand the native culture and thus feels uncomfortable.
(b) She finds it backward and dirty.
(c) She finds it captivating.
(d) She find the way they treat woman despicable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What infuriates Aubrey about the problems Davidge and West have?
2. Upon what belief does Dutourd base his actions?
3. Who is Mr. Caley?
4. How is Moahu shaped?
5. How does Aubrey continue to spend his time?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)