|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What infuriates Aubrey about the problems Davidge and West have?
(a) That they both are late getting back to the Surprise.
(b) That the two men let them personal lives interfere with their professional lives.
(c) That they should not have tried to repair the main mast with no experience at such things.
(d) That they both ignore instructions.
2. What does Aubrey demand from the men?
(a) Unswerving loyalty.
(b) To live on reduced rations.
(c) Extra hours.
(d) Constant and excellent performance.
3. What distracts Maturin from his original purpose in going ashore with Clarissa?
(a) Her need to talk.
(b) The day is too hot.
(c) Puolani wanting them to visit.
(d) It is pouring rain.
4. What does Aubrey discover about his land holdings?
(a) They have been realigned to the Duke's land borders.
(b) They have several opportunities for clergy.
(c) They are being taxed at a higher rate than the year before.
(d) They have dropped in value.
5. Why has Martin avoided Clarissa?
(a) He promises Oakes he would not talk with her.
(b) He does not like her.
(c) He does not trust her.
(d) He feels too much lust for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What angers Aubrey about Padeen Coleman?
2. What divides the north from the south of the island?
3. What does Reade speak about as he is losing consciousness?
4. Where is Clarissa Oakes?
5. What are Aubrey and Maturin doing as they sail?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)