|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the vessel?
(c) The Dutch government.
(d) The English naval department.
2. To whom does Aubrey give his word that there are no stowaways on board?
(a) The navy admiral stationed in Port Jackson.
(b) The governor.
(c) The military police.
(d) The sheriff.
3. Where is the Surprise ordered?
(a) To the Mediterrean.
(b) To the West Indies.
(c) To Moahu.
(d) To some islands off Cape Horn.
4. What is Aubrey intending to do?
(a) Marooning Oakes and Clarissa on the Eastern coast of Africa.
(b) Marooning Oakes and Clarissa on Norfolk Island.
(c) Marooning Oakes and Clarissa on Easter Island.
(d) Marooning Oakes and Clarissa on Tahiti.
5. What does Aubrey inspect with Tom?
(a) The cable tiers.
(b) The ropes.
(c) The galley.
(d) The rigging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Surprise cross at the opening to Chapter 3?
2. In what does Maturin become involved?
3. What happens between Davidge and West?
4. Where has the other patient which Maturin is examining been?
5. What is Maturin's position on board?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)