|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the vessel?
(a) The English naval department.
(c) The Dutch government.
2. Who is Tom Pullings?
(a) The second mate.
(b) The first mate.
(c) The cook.
(d) The botswain's mate.
3. Who smuggles Clarissa on board?
(a) Midshipman William Oakes.
(c) No one knows.
(d) Tom Pullings.
4. Who does Aubrey send out to scout?
5. What port do they depart at the opening of the story?
(a) Port Jackson.
(d) Port au Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Aubrey get a good night's sleep?
2. What is Aubrey intending to do?
3. What vessel are Aubrey and Maturin sailing?
4. What do Aubrey and the scout seem to have?
5. What does Aubrey note among the crew?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)