|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch - The Village Piaski (pp.1-65).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children tell Magda they like turnips?
(a) So that Magda will continue to feed them.
(b) Because Magda likes them.
(c) Becuase turnips are soft and mushy.
(d) Turnips remind them of home.
2. What secret did the little boy need to keep?
(a) He was circumcised.
(b) His age.
(c) His name.
(d) He had a father.
3. Why did the girl, now named Gretel, insist on sleeping under the leaves?
(a) Hansel wanted to pretend they were rabbits.
(b) They needed to be hidden.
(c) It reminded her of their Uncle.
(d) It would make them warmer.
4. What is Gretel able to read?
(a) A little Polish.
(b) German and French.
(c) Gretel is not able to read.
(d) Polish, German, and French.
5. What was the woman, Magda, terrified of?
(a) The children being left behind.
(b) The dogs being set on them.
(c) Leaving the motorcycle behind.
(d) The Nazis catching them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves the children's father from being killed by the band of partisans?
2. What is Magda's secret?
3. Why was the old woman, named Magda, feeding the birds?
4. How did the man hide his two children to escape Bialystok?
5. Germans leave bodies where they are killed, why?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)