|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sugar - December, 1943 (pp.66-129).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the old woman, named Magda, feeding the birds?
(a) Because Magda still had hope.
(b) Bread was unimportant.
(c) Magda had enough to waste.
(d) The bread was old.
2. What secret did the little boy need to keep?
(a) His name.
(b) He had a father.
(c) His age.
(d) He was circumcised.
3. What does Nelka confess while she is in labor?
(a) She left her husband for Telek.
(b) She is in love with Telek.
(c) Telek is the baby's father.
(d) Her husband is alive.
4. Why does the Major take a liking to Gretel when she is first brought to the village?
(a) She knows what Kulturtrager meant.
(b) Gretel understands German.
(c) She reminds him of his sister.
(d) She is from Germany.
5. Why does Nelka call the kerosene "Polish Perfume"?
(a) Kerosene was used to keep hunger at bay.
(b) Kerosene was used to keep the bugs at bay.
(c) Kerosene was a traditional scent.
(d) Kerosene was all they had to use for perfume.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Man, woman and two children riding motorcycle?
2. Why is the Mechanik happy to make a bomb?
3. What do the Russian partisans say will eventually kill all the Germans?
4. How is Gretel's age disguised in the photograph?
5. Why is it hard for Gretel to know what day it is?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)