|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sugar - December, 1943 (pp.66-129).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the old woman, named Magda, feeding the birds?
(a) Magda had enough to waste.
(b) Bread was unimportant.
(c) Because Magda still had hope.
(d) The bread was old.
2. Why does the Major take a liking to Gretel when she is first brought to the village?
(a) She reminds him of his sister.
(b) She is from Germany.
(c) She knows what Kulturtrager meant.
(d) Gretel understands German.
3. What are the Kulturtrager?
(a) German soldiers.
(b) Polish elite.
(c) Beautiful people.
(d) Bringers of culture.
4. What is Basha and her husband's secret?
(a) They have been taking rations for a dead child.
(b) They know about Magda.
(c) Basha is not a Catholic.
(d) They are Jews.
5. What does Magda have to teach the children?
(a) Family history.
(b) How to be Catholic.
(c) How to say the rosary.
(d) How to cook their own food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Magda use to help Gretel's thirst when she is sick?
2. What was the third book Gretel's father was able to save when they were forced from their home?
3. How does Magda and Hansel help Gretel get better?
4. What does the Stepmother discover during the raid on the train?
5. According to the Russian partisan leader, what is the first job of the partisan group?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)