|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sugar - December, 1943 (pp.66-129).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the village men justify that Telek is short on the draw?
(a) Telek is not a father, so it will be easy for him.
(b) They believe they should not have to hurt their own children.
(c) Telek is the strongest and quietest.
(d) They say Telek was never one of them anyway.
2. Why is Magda nervous about the children being in town?
(a) The priest might have second thoughts and turn them in.
(b) Magda is afraid the boy will forget his story.
(c) Gretel is afraid she will make a mistake.
(d) Magda does not think Gretel and Hansel will pass as her family.
3. Who is Nelka?
(a) The bastard granddaughter of the priest.
(b) Magda's pregnant friend.
(c) Telek's pregnant wife.
(d) The granddaughter of Magda.
4. Why do the village men think the Major cannot rest in the evening like a normal person?
(a) The major left all of his friends on the front lines, fighting.
(b) The major makes sure to rest during the day so that he is fully aware of the villages' goings-on at night.
(c) He cannot rest because he does not do any heavy labor, so he is not tired like the others.
(d) He suffers from insomnia, therefore he cannot rest.
5. How did the man hide his two children to escape Bialystok?
(a) The man hid the children in truck tires.
(b) The man made them wear men's clothes.
(c) The man passed them off as mechanic's helpers.
(d) The man cut their hair off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nelka call the kerosene "Polish Perfume"?
2. When the partisans raid the farm, what is the purpose of the hut beside the river?
3. Why does the Major take a liking to Gretel when she is first brought to the village?
4. Why do the children tell Magda they like turnips?
5. What did the little boy admire about the Nazis?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)