|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hugo, Valery says that when words are used to convey information, they _____.
(c) Become true.
2. Where do the grocer's children live in one assumption?
(c) New York.
3. Who says that poets don't take things as seriously as other people?
4. Which person observes some mold and later cures gonorrhea?
(a) Alexander Graham Bell.
(b) John George Alexander.
(c) Sir Alexander Fleming.
(d) Marie Curie.
5. One assumption says that the churches are always _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hugo, the imagination is a _____.
2. Which artist does Hugo think is interpreted as a weirdo when one first sees his paintings?
3. What is Buzz Green's previous profession?
4. How does Hugo describe Roethke's clothes?
5. The town druggist on an assumption is _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roethke read a poem, and what does Hugo say is the effect it has on students?
2. What are some of the ways Hugo suggests moving away from the initiating subject?
3. What does Hugo point out are the distinctions between public and private poets?
4. In Hugo's opinion, why do most students respect Roethke as a teacher?
5. How does Hugo describe Hieronymous Bosch's relationship with his paintings?
6. What happens to Hugo when he lives in New York in one assumption?
7. What is Hugo's impression of Roethke's demeanor?
8. What does Hugo say is Roethke's strength as a teacher?
9. Describe Hugo's advice on hard work when writing poetry.
10. According to Hugo, what can happen to facts when writing a poem?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)