|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nuts and Bolts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hugo vaguely recalls a class in 1948 when Roehtke defended _____ as important to creativity.
2. What is it called when a poet restates the same idea in a different way?
(a) Being redundant.
(b) Being sarcastic.
(c) Being clever.
(d) Being clear.
3. What does Hugo say seldom happens to writers who don't work at it?
(a) Lucky accidents.
(b) Getting published.
(d) Proper recognition.
4. Which Shakespeare play has Regan and Cornwall blinding Gloucester?
(a) Twelfth Night.
(b) King Lear.
5. Specifically, Hugo asks students never to worry about _____.
(a) Their grades.
(b) The reader.
(d) Critical acclaim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugo offers one way of getting off the triggering subject by suggesting that one use words for the sake of their _____.
2. How does Hugo describe Roethke's clothes?
3. Hugo hopes that the student reading his book learns to write like _____.
4. In the case of the snake poem, Hugo thinks that the author got off the initiating subject _____.
5. What is poorly maintained in one assumption, causing only a few people to attend events there?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)