|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nuts and Bolts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugo say seldom happens to writers who don't work at it?
(b) Lucky accidents.
(c) Getting published.
(d) Proper recognition.
2. Hugo uses single-syllabic words to show _____.
(c) Clandestine behavior.
3. Hugo believes that if if a good poem comes out as a result of the triggering town, the town will become the poet's _____.
(b) Place to avoid.
4. In the case of the snake poem, Hugo thinks that the author got off the initiating subject _____.
(c) In an abrupt manner.
(d) Too early.
5. How does Hugo describe Roethke's clothes?
(a) As rotted and rags.
(b) As feminine and colorful.
(c) As crisp and clean.
(d) As Gothic.
Short Answer Questions
1. All the poets that Hugo knows have an unusually strong _____.
2. What is the maximum sentence length Hugo advises having in a poem?
3. Hugo prefers the _____ tone he employs to a lot of qualifiers when giving poets rules to write by.
4. If a person can't think small when writing a poem, Hugo suggests that he try _____.
5. Hugo believes that a poet must take _____of a triggering town.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)