|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nuts and Bolts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when a poet restates the same idea in a different way?
(a) Being redundant.
(b) Being clear.
(c) Being clever.
(d) Being sarcastic.
2. At the risk of violating the facts, Hugo believes that the subject of a poem should serve _____.
(a) The greater good.
(b) The words.
(c) God's will.
(d) As a reminder.
3. The hermit in one of Hugo's assumptions eats mostly _____.
(c) Grub worms.
(d) Fried potatoes.
4. Hugo vaguely recalls a class in 1948 when Roehtke defended _____ as important to creativity.
5. Which poet tells Hugo that he has a hard time breaking Roethke's hold on him?
(a) Richard Wagner.
(b) David Wagoner.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) T.S. Eliot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hugo states that some traditionalists seem to think that _____ exist to be solved for their own sake, as if the poet is an engineer.
2. Hugo believes that a poet must take _____of a triggering town.
3. The town druggist on an assumption is _____.
4. According to Hugo, the imagination is a _____.
5. Where does Hugo suggest placing a typed poem in order to feel pressure to work on it some more?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)