|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up to Camp after having been gone for months?
(b) Miranda Gardiner.
(d) Leo Valdez.
2. Who does Meg say killed her father?
(a) Percy Jackson.
(c) The Beast.
3. How does Apollo decide to take down the Colossus?
(a) With his own fists.
(b) With a plague arrow.
(c) With the help of Meg.
(d) With the help of Zeus.
4. What does Malcolm tell Apollo to do if he gets lost in the forest?
(a) When in doubt, dig a hole.
(b) When in doubt, veer right.
(c) When in doubt, run back home.
(d) When in doubt, give up.
5. What insult does Apollo shout at the Colossus?
(a) He tells the Colossus is not funny.
(b) He tells the Colossus he is not smart.
(c) He tells the Colossus he smells bad.
(d) He tells the Colossus he is ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prophecy say in general?
2. Why is Apollo feeling unconfident in his ability to shoot the Colossus?
3. What oath has Apollo already broken?
4. What is at the top of the stakes posted at the gates of Dodona?
5. What does Apollo realize Nero is planning to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pete tell Apollo the myrmeke usually do before eating their prey?
2. What does Rhea tell Apollo during their conversation in the forest?
3. What does Apollo decide is the only way to regain control of the Oracles at the end of the novel?
4. What does Meg tell Apollo in the grove of Dodona?
5. What does Nero tell Meg he will do when she asks what he wants?
6. What does Apollo see when he looks at the Colossus just before shooting him in the ear, and what does he realize?
7. Why does Apollo feel a bit strange when he first catches sight of the Colossus?
8. What does Apollo do before he leaves Pete, and how does Pete react?
9. What offering does Apollo give to the geyser god, and how does the geyser god react?
10. What does Meg believe about Nero's relationship to "the Beast"?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)