|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the proceedings against him, K. tells the Examining Magistrate, “[L]et us say I do recognize them, out of” what?
2. What season is it in the opening of “The Lawyer – The Factory-Owner – The Painter”?
3. Who does K. recall having said “that the court was attracted by guilt” in “The First Hearing”?
(a) Dr. Huld
4. Which of the guards being thrashed says he has a family to feed in “The Thrasher”?
5. What is the Thrasher’s outfit made from in “The Thrasher”?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what nickname does the narrator say K. used to refer to his uncle as in “His Uncle – Leni”?
2. Herr Block tells K. in “Block, the Corn Merchant – The Dismissal of the Lawyer” that Herr Huld has been handling his business affairs ever since he took it over how many years ago?
3. The first book in the courtroom that K. looks at in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices” is a book of what?
4. What time does the narrator say it is and describe as “the time when the streets are quiet” in the opening of “The End”?
5. K. thinks to himself as he is escorted from his apartment by the strangers in “The End,” “The only thing I can do now is to retain a calm clarity of mind right to the end. I was always trying to interfere in the world with” what?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)