|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Thrasher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the guards comes to K. and says, “If you can’t get both of us spared, then at least try to get him to let me go” in “The Thrasher”?
2. How many messengers are said to still be “working in dispatch in the little circle from a lamp” at K.’s offices in the beginning of “The Thrasher” as he leaves work?
3. What is the name of the man from the state prosecution office that K. tells the supervisor is his friend in “The Arrest”?
4. What word used in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices” refers to a complete change of form, structure, or substance?
5. Where does K. see Rabensteiner and Kullich on his way to the hearing in “The First Hearing”?
(a) At a café
(b) On a train
(c) At the library
(d) On a bus
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator describes K. as generally staying at the office until what time in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
2. Where does Fraülein Bürstner say Frau Grubach’s nephew is sleeping in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
3. The guards at K.’s house tell him that his jacket for the meeting with the supervisor must be what color in the beginning of “The Arrest”?
4. What word from “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices” means to break away from constituted authority?
5. Of the proceedings against him, K. tells the Examining Magistrate, “[L]et us say I do recognize them, out of” what?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)