|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Thrasher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two guards do with K.’s breakfast when it arrives in “The Arrest”?
(a) They throw it out the window
(b) They eat it
(c) They give it to K
(d) They send it back
2. What do the guards offer to fetch for K. “for a small sum of money” in “The Arrest”?
(a) His clothing
(b) His landlady
3. The Usher’s Wife tells K. that yesterday, the Examining Magistrate sent the student to her with a gift of what in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices”?
(a) Silk stockings
(b) A box of chocolates
(c) A dozen roses
(d) A necklace
4. The young woman in the Court Offices tells K. in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices,” “We, that is the staff here, decided that the information clerk, who is constantly dealing with the public and is their first contact with the court, ought to be given” what?
(a) A nice haircut
(b) Good sleeping quarters
(c) A telephone
(d) Elegant clothes
5. When K. is met by scowling children on his way up the stairs to the courtroom in “The First Hearing,” he thinks to himself, “If I have to come here again, I’ll either have to bring some sweets, to win them over, or” what?
(a) My steel-toed boots to kick them
(b) My pocketbook to pay them
(c) My stick to beat them
(d) Some teacakes from my house
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second guard that tells K. that he’s under arrest in “The Arrest”?
2. Whose claim that his fiancée is waiting for him outside turns out to be a lie in “The Thrasher”?
3. Where does Fraülein Bürstner say Frau Grubach’s nephew is sleeping in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
4. What character is described in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach” as a girl “who worked serving in a wine-bar during the night and well into the morning, and during the daytime only received visitors from her bed”?
5. The guards tell K. that they are hired to stand guard of him in his apartment how many hours a day in “The Arrest”?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)