|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Thrasher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is described in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach” as a girl “who worked serving in a wine-bar during the night and well into the morning, and during the daytime only received visitors from her bed”?
(b) Frau Grubach
(d) Fraülein Bürstner
2. K. tells the guards who are to be thrashed in “The Thrasher,” “I didn’t complain, I just said what had happened in my apartment. And your behavior wasn’t exactly” what?
(a) Commendable either
(b) Empathetic either
(c) Piteous either
(d) Irreproachable either
3. At what time does Fraülein Bürstner return home in the evening as K. waits for her arrival in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
4. At what time does K. plan to arrive at the courtroom on the day of his first hearing in “The First Hearing”?
5. Whose cook is said to bring K. his breakfast around eight every morning in “The Arrest”?
(a) Fraülein Bürstner’s
(b) Dr. Huld’s
(c) Rudi Block’s
(d) Frau Grubach’s
Short Answer Questions
1. When did World War I begin?
2. What does K. say repeatedly to the woman and man who help him out of the Court Offices in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices”?
3. What woman is accosted in the courtroom in “The First Hearing”?
4. The supervisor who enters K.’s home after the guards in “The Arrest” tells him, “Think less about us and what is going to happen to you, think more about” what?
5. To whom does the Usher’s Wife say the books in the courtroom belong to in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices”?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)