|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves into Fraülein Bürstner’s room with her in the course of the novel?
(a) The Manufacturer
(c) Frau Grubach
(d) Fraülein Montag
2. The narrator states in the beginning of “The First Hearing” that “K. had been informed by telephone that a short hearing in his affair would take place” when?
(a) The next Tuesday
(b) The next Monday
(c) The next Sunday
(d) The next Thursday
3. What word from “The First Hearing” refers to a vicious or depraved person?
4. Where does Fraülein Bürstner say Frau Grubach’s nephew is sleeping in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
(a) In the adjoining bedroom
(b) In the basement
(c) In the living room
(d) In the kitchen
5. K. considers the Deputy Manager’s invitation to his party to be what, in “The First Hearing”?
(a) An ironic twist
(b) An olive branch
(c) A false invitation
(d) An inside joke
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the piece of paper “in clumsy, childish handwriting” by the stairwell to the loft in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices”?
2. To whom does the Usher’s Wife say the books in the courtroom belong to in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices”?
3. K. points out to Fraülein Bürstner that Frau Grubach is dependent on him for what reason in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
4. What word refers to a fictional society that is in some important way undesirable or frightening?
5. What is the name of the student that the Usher’s Wife says has been pursuing her for some time in “In the Empty Conference Hall – The Student – The Offices”?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)