|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator describes K. as generally staying at the office until what time in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
2. The guards at K.’s house tell him that his jacket for the meeting with the supervisor must be what color in the beginning of “The Arrest”?
3. When did World War I begin?
(a) January 16, 1912
(b) June 30, 1915
(c) September 2, 1911
(d) July 28, 1914
4. When does Fraülein Bürstner say she’s starting work as a secretary at a lawyer’s office when speaking with K. in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
(a) Next month
(c) Next week
(d) Next year
5. Where does K. see Kaminer on his way to the courtroom in “The First Hearing”?
(a) At a café
(b) At the library
(c) On a train
(d) On a bus
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Fraülein Bürstner return home in the evening as K. waits for her arrival in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
2. What is the name of the strange guard that opens K.’s door when he rings for his breakfast in the beginning of “The Arrest”?
3. What name, meaning the servants of an army, does K. call the Examining Magistrate and the others of the courtroom as he exits in “The First Hearing”?
4. Whose cook is said to bring K. his breakfast around eight every morning in “The Arrest”?
5. Where does Frau Grubach say Fraülein Bürstner has gone in the evening when K. returns home in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)