|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is K.’s birthday in the opening of “The Arrest.” How old is K. turning?
2. Where does Frau Grubach say Fraülein Bürstner has gone in the evening when K. returns home in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
(a) To the theatre
(b) To her lover’s house
(c) To a jazz bar
(d) To church
3. When K. first deals with the guards on the morning of his birthday in “The Arrest,” he presumes that this might be a joke played on him by his friends where?
(a) At the hospital
(b) At the courthouse
(c) At the bar
(d) At the bank
4. Who does K. recall having said “that the court was attracted by guilt” in “The First Hearing”?
(b) Dr. Huld
5. Of the proceedings against him, K. tells the Examining Magistrate, “[L]et us say I do recognize them, out of” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is K.’s position at the bank where he works in the novel?
2. What word from “The First Hearing” refers to a vicious or depraved person?
3. When K. leaves Fräulein Bürstner’s room at the end of “A Conversation with Frau Grubach,” he thinks “for a while about the way he had behaved; he was” what?
4. Which of the subordinate bank employees in “The Arrest” is described as “stiff, swinging his arms” and apathetic?
5. When does the Examining Magistrate in the courtroom say K. should have been there when K. arrives in “The First Hearing”?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)