|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Conversation with Frau Grubach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator describes K. as generally staying at the office until what time in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
2. Which of the subordinate bank employees in “The Arrest” is described as “blond with deep-set eyes”?
3. The next room to K.’s in “The Arrest” has been taken by “a typist, who went off to work very early and came back late.” What is this character’s name?
(a) Frau Block
(b) Fräulein Bürstner
(c) The Usher's Wife
(d) Fraülein Montag
4. The guards tell K. that they are hired to stand guard of him in his apartment how many hours a day in “The Arrest”?
5. What countries comprised the Central Powers in the beginning of World War I?
(a) The United Kingdom, France and the Russian Empire
(b) France, Spain, and Germany
(c) Japan, Israel, and the Russian Empire
(d) Germany and Austria-Hungary
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fraülein Bürstner looks around her room for any signs of disorder after returning home, she remarks that what “have been messed up” in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
2. When does Fraülein Bürstner say she’s starting work as a secretary at a lawyer’s office when speaking with K. in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
3. Which of the subordinate bank employees in “The Arrest” is described as “stiff, swinging his arms” and apathetic?
4. When K. leaves Fräulein Bürstner’s room at the end of “A Conversation with Frau Grubach,” he thinks “for a while about the way he had behaved; he was” what?
5. What do the two guards do with K.’s breakfast when it arrives in “The Arrest”?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)