|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Conversation with Frau Grubach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did World War I begin?
(a) September 2, 1911
(b) July 28, 1914
(c) January 16, 1912
(d) June 30, 1915
2. When he goes to demonstrate what happened this morning for Fraülein Bürstner in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach,” K. notes that what was hanging by the window in her room at the time of the inquiry?
(a) A curtain
(b) A hat
(c) A coat
(d) A blouse
3. What character is described in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach” as a girl “who worked serving in a wine-bar during the night and well into the morning, and during the daytime only received visitors from her bed”?
(b) Frau Grubach
(c) Fraülein Bürstner
4. What do the two guards do with K.’s breakfast when it arrives in “The Arrest”?
(a) They eat it
(b) They give it to K
(c) They throw it out the window
(d) They send it back
5. Which of the subordinate bank employees in “The Arrest” is described as “stiff, swinging his arms” and apathetic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the strange guard that opens K.’s door when he rings for his breakfast in the beginning of “The Arrest”?
2. What do the guards offer to fetch for K. “for a small sum of money” in “The Arrest”?
3. K. points out to Fraülein Bürstner that Frau Grubach is dependent on him for what reason in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
4. The next room to K.’s in “The Arrest” has been taken by “a typist, who went off to work very early and came back late.” What is this character’s name?
5. What does K. do before leaving Fraülein Bürstner’s room in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)