|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Conversation with Frau Grubach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The guards tell K. that they are hired to stand guard of him in his apartment how many hours a day in “The Arrest”?
2. When K. leaves Fräulein Bürstner’s room at the end of “A Conversation with Frau Grubach,” he thinks “for a while about the way he had behaved; he was” what?
(a) Satisfied with it
(b) Uncomfortable but serene
(c) Deeply troubled by it
(d) Worried sick about it
3. What season is described in the opening of “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
4. What word refers to a fictional society that is in some important way undesirable or frightening?
5. Which of the subordinate bank employees in “The Arrest” is described as “blond with deep-set eyes”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frau Grubach say Fraülein Bürstner has gone in the evening when K. returns home in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
2. By what method of transportation does K. travel to work in the morning in “The Arrest”?
3. Where does Fraülein Bürstner say Frau Grubach’s nephew is sleeping in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
4. The next room to K.’s in “The Arrest” has been taken by “a typist, who went off to work very early and came back late.” What is this character’s name?
5. What do the guards offer to fetch for K. “for a small sum of money” in “The Arrest”?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)