|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Conversation with Frau Grubach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is K.’s position at the bank where he works in the novel?
(b) Chief Financial Officer
(c) Morning desk clerk
2. What is the name of the man from the state prosecution office that K. tells the supervisor is his friend in “The Arrest”?
3. What word refers to a fictional society that is in some important way undesirable or frightening?
4. When Fraülein Bürstner looks around her room for any signs of disorder after returning home, she remarks that what “have been messed up” in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
(a) Her dresses
(b) Her pillows
(c) Her photographs
(d) Her carpets
5. When did World War I begin?
(a) June 30, 1915
(b) September 2, 1911
(c) January 16, 1912
(d) July 28, 1914
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second guard that tells K. that he’s under arrest in “The Arrest”?
2. What do the two guards do with K.’s breakfast when it arrives in “The Arrest”?
3. The next room to K.’s in “The Arrest” has been taken by “a typist, who went off to work very early and came back late.” What is this character’s name?
4. The guards at K.’s house tell him that his jacket for the meeting with the supervisor must be what color in the beginning of “The Arrest”?
5. Which of the subordinate bank employees in “The Arrest” is described as “stiff, swinging his arms” and apathetic?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)