|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Conversation with Frau Grubach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the subordinate bank employees in “The Arrest” is described as “stiff, swinging his arms” and apathetic?
2. What word refers to a fictional society that is in some important way undesirable or frightening?
3. When did World War I begin?
(a) January 16, 1912
(b) September 2, 1911
(c) June 30, 1915
(d) July 28, 1914
4. The guards at K.’s house tell him that his jacket for the meeting with the supervisor must be what color in the beginning of “The Arrest”?
5. What does K. do before leaving Fraülein Bürstner’s room in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
(a) He spits at her
(b) He slaps her
(c) He shouts angrily at her
(d) He kisses her
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guards offer to fetch for K. “for a small sum of money” in “The Arrest”?
2. Which of the subordinate bank employees in “The Arrest” is described as “blond with deep-set eyes”?
3. At what time does Fraülein Bürstner return home in the evening as K. waits for her arrival in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
4. What is the name of the strange guard that opens K.’s door when he rings for his breakfast in the beginning of “The Arrest”?
5. K. points out to Fraülein Bürstner that Frau Grubach is dependent on him for what reason in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)