|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In the Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is K.’s response when Titorelli asks him in “The Lawyer – The Factory-Owner – The Painter,” “Are you innocent?”
(a) I don't know
(c) That depends
2. What does K. do before leaving Fraülein Bürstner’s room in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He slaps her
(c) He shouts angrily at her
(d) He spits at her
3. Herr Huld tells K. in “Block, the Corn Merchant – The Dismissal of the Lawyer” that his maid finds almost all of whom attractive?
(a) The defendants
(b) The carpenters
(c) The priests
(d) The judges
4. In Erna’s letter to Uncle Karl, she writes that when she was unable to see K. at the bank, she had to return home because she had what appointment in “His Uncle – Leni”?
(a) A piano lesson
(b) A date
(c) A school exam
(d) A choir meeting
5. What word from “The First Hearing” refers to a vicious or depraved person?
Short Answer Questions
1. When K. is met by scowling children on his way up the stairs to the courtroom in “The First Hearing,” he thinks to himself, “If I have to come here again, I’ll either have to bring some sweets, to win them over, or” what?
2. Titorelli tells K. in “The Lawyer – The Factory-Owner – The Painter” that if it weren’t for what, he’d have left this studio long ago?
3. Uncle Karl says to K. in “His Uncle – Leni,” “Do you want to lose the trial? Do you know what that means? That means you’ll simply be” what?
4. What season is described in the opening of “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
5. What is the name of the young maid who works for Herr Huld in “His Uncle – Leni”?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)