|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is K.’s position at the bank where he works in the novel?
(b) Chief Financial Officer
(c) Morning desk clerk
2. When K. is met by scowling children on his way up the stairs to the courtroom in “The First Hearing,” he thinks to himself, “If I have to come here again, I’ll either have to bring some sweets, to win them over, or” what?
(a) My stick to beat them
(b) Some teacakes from my house
(c) My steel-toed boots to kick them
(d) My pocketbook to pay them
3. When does the Examining Magistrate in the courtroom say K. should have been there when K. arrives in “The First Hearing”?
(a) Two and a half hours ago
(b) Thirty minutes ago
(c) Two hours and ten minutes ago
(d) An hour and five minutes ago
4. Where does Fraülein Bürstner say Frau Grubach’s nephew is sleeping in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
(a) In the living room
(b) In the adjoining bedroom
(c) In the basement
(d) In the kitchen
5. When does Fraülein Bürstner say she’s starting work as a secretary at a lawyer’s office when speaking with K. in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
(b) Next year
(c) Next month
(d) Next week
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second guard that tells K. that he’s under arrest in “The Arrest”?
2. What word refers to a fictional society that is in some important way undesirable or frightening?
3. When Fraülein Bürstner looks around her room for any signs of disorder after returning home, she remarks that what “have been messed up” in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
4. The supervisor who enters K.’s home after the guards in “The Arrest” tells him, “Think less about us and what is going to happen to you, think more about” what?
5. It is K.’s birthday in the opening of “The Arrest.” How old is K. turning?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)