|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does K. see Kaminer on his way to the courtroom in “The First Hearing”?
(a) At the library
(b) On a bus
(c) At a café
(d) On a train
2. Which of the subordinate bank employees in “The Arrest” is described as “blond with deep-set eyes”?
3. When K. is met by scowling children on his way up the stairs to the courtroom in “The First Hearing,” he thinks to himself, “If I have to come here again, I’ll either have to bring some sweets, to win them over, or” what?
(a) My stick to beat them
(b) Some teacakes from my house
(c) My steel-toed boots to kick them
(d) My pocketbook to pay them
4. When he goes to demonstrate what happened this morning for Fraülein Bürstner in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach,” K. notes that what was hanging by the window in her room at the time of the inquiry?
(a) A blouse
(b) A hat
(c) A curtain
(d) A coat
5. The narrator states in the beginning of “The First Hearing” that “K. had been informed by telephone that a short hearing in his affair would take place” when?
(a) The next Sunday
(b) The next Tuesday
(c) The next Monday
(d) The next Thursday
Short Answer Questions
1. What does K. drink shots of from his wall cabinet while the guards watch him in the beginning of “The Arrest”?
2. Where does Fraülein Bürstner say Frau Grubach’s nephew is sleeping in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
3. It is K.’s birthday in the opening of “The Arrest.” How old is K. turning?
4. What does K. do before leaving Fraülein Bürstner’s room in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
5. The guards tell K. that they are hired to stand guard of him in his apartment how many hours a day in “The Arrest”?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)