|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street is K.’s courtroom said to be located in “The First Hearing”?
(b) Kopenhagener Strasse
2. What does K. drink shots of from his wall cabinet while the guards watch him in the beginning of “The Arrest”?
3. When K. first deals with the guards on the morning of his birthday in “The Arrest,” he presumes that this might be a joke played on him by his friends where?
(a) At the bank
(b) At the courthouse
(c) At the hospital
(d) At the bar
4. What do the two guards do with K.’s breakfast when it arrives in “The Arrest”?
(a) They give it to K
(b) They eat it
(c) They throw it out the window
(d) They send it back
5. When does Fraülein Bürstner say she’s starting work as a secretary at a lawyer’s office when speaking with K. in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
(a) Next year
(b) Next month
(d) Next week
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does K. see Rabensteiner and Kullich on his way to the hearing in “The First Hearing”?
2. What does K. do before leaving Fraülein Bürstner’s room in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
3. At what time does K. plan to arrive at the courtroom on the day of his first hearing in “The First Hearing”?
4. What is K.’s position at the bank where he works in the novel?
5. Who does K. recall having said “that the court was attracted by guilt” in “The First Hearing”?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)