|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Hearing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he goes to demonstrate what happened this morning for Fraülein Bürstner in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach,” K. notes that what was hanging by the window in her room at the time of the inquiry?
(a) A curtain
(b) A coat
(c) A hat
(d) A blouse
2. The narrator states in the beginning of “The First Hearing” that “K. had been informed by telephone that a short hearing in his affair would take place” when?
(a) The next Tuesday
(b) The next Monday
(c) The next Sunday
(d) The next Thursday
3. What does K. do before leaving Fraülein Bürstner’s room in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
(a) He shouts angrily at her
(b) He kisses her
(c) He slaps her
(d) He spits at her
4. What is Frau Grubach’s relationship to K.?
(a) She is his aunt
(b) She is his niece
(c) She is his mother
(d) She is his landlady
5. Which of the subordinate bank employees in “The Arrest” is described as “stiff, swinging his arms” and apathetic?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frau Grubach say Fraülein Bürstner has gone in the evening when K. returns home in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
2. What character is described in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach” as a girl “who worked serving in a wine-bar during the night and well into the morning, and during the daytime only received visitors from her bed”?
3. On what street is K.’s courtroom said to be located in “The First Hearing”?
4. The next room to K.’s in “The Arrest” has been taken by “a typist, who went off to work very early and came back late.” What is this character’s name?
5. K. points out to Fraülein Bürstner that Frau Grubach is dependent on him for what reason in “A Conversation with Frau Grubach”?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)