|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Block, the Corn Merchant – The Dismissal of the Lawyer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does K. say in “The Thrasher,” “It’s about time you cleared out that lumber-room. We’re drowning in filth”?
(a) The Usher.
(b) The Usher’s Wife
(c) The Examining Magistrate
(d) The messengers
2. What word from “The Thrasher” refers to a dishonest, knavish person?
3. On what street is K.’s courtroom said to be located in “The First Hearing”?
(a) Kopenhagener Strasse
4. What word from “The First Hearing” refers to a vicious or depraved person?
5. Where does K. see Kaminer on his way to the courtroom in “The First Hearing”?
(a) At a café
(b) On a bus
(c) On a train
(d) At the library
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of “Block, the Corn Merchant – The Dismissal of the Lawyer,” Leni tells Block to leave what alone and listen to the lawyer?
2. What is K.’s first name in the novel?
3. What is Herr Block’s first name?
4. Herr Block tells K. in “Block, the Corn Merchant – The Dismissal of the Lawyer” that waiting is not pointless. “The only thing that is pointless is” what?
5. How many unregistered lawyers does Herr Block say he has working on his case in addition to Herr Huld in “Block, the Corn Merchant – The Dismissal of the Lawyer”?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)