|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which other dialogue does the reader learn about Socrates' personal philosophy?
2. Socrates informs the group that the body is ____________________.
(a) Useless after death.
(b) A triumph of science.
(c) Troublesome and messy.
(d) Invigorated and useful.
3. Life is considered to be a(n) __________________.
4. Which is not a lust of the body?
5. What has caused the dwindling of influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Evil deeds may cause which of the following?
2. What does Socrates reveal to the visitor?
3. What would a legal term be for Socrates' death?
4. According to the visitor, Socrates would be guilty of which of the following?
5. What theory is expounded upon by Socrates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Socrates final request to Crito?
2. How does the reader learn of the details of Socrates death? How did Socrates die? Who relays the news?
3. What is the contradiction made by Socrates in reference to an incorruptible soul?
4. What is the setting of Dialogue 3? What time of day is it? Who is present?
5. What is Socrates' theory on the return of the soul to the known world?
6. What plea does Crito make to Socrates? What is the reasoning behind the plea?
7. What does Socrates as Crito to take care of and what restrictions are put upon the request?
8. What is the setting for the Fourth Dialogue? When does it take place?
9. When is Socrates scheduled to die?
10. Embracing the theory of opposites, how might an incorruptible soul return to the known world?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)