|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Dialogue takes place after which event?
(a) Solar eclipse.
(b) Death of Caesar.
(c) Socrates' death.
2. Socrates argues that he did not make his decision in ________.
(a) An uninformed manner.
3. Which empire is not mentioned as being one affected by this perspective?
4. Why was the important person absent in Socrates' last moments?
5. In this Dialogue, Socrates' philosophies are paired with _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Socrates refers to humans as being _____________.
2. To what is the soul compared?
3. What characteristic would Socrates exhibit?
4. What is separated at the time of death?
5. Socrates does not want to be seen as being a _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one reason Socrates looks forward to death and the separation of body and spirit?
2. What does Socrates as Crito to take care of and what restrictions are put upon the request?
3. At this point, Socrates develops and expounds on a new theory. What is the theory and how is it explained?
4. How does the reader learn of the details of Socrates death? How did Socrates die? Who relays the news?
5. What extensive discussion takes place between Socrates and Cebes?
6. Embracing the theory of opposites, how might an incorruptible soul return to the known world?
7. What is Socrates final request to Crito?
8. What is the setting for the Fourth Dialogue? When does it take place?
9. What is Socrates' theory on the return of the soul to the known world?
10. Why does Socrates not fear death? What is the philosopher's view on the subject?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)