|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Socrates believes that opposites can often be _____________.
2. Many of Socrates' supposed philosophies may actually be attributed to ____________.
3. Which empire is not mentioned as being one affected by this perspective?
4. To what is the soul compared?
5. Which animal is referred to as a predator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Absolutes are linked to the origins of which of the following?
2. The topic of beauty is considered to be which of the following?
3. Which is mentioned as one who will continue Socrates' work after death?
4. In this section the philosophers study Socrates' theory of ____________.
5. What is one of the main themes in this dialogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Socrates' opinion on the fear of death in the eyes of a philosopher?
2. What is Socrates' theory on the return of the soul to the known world?
3. How does the reader learn of the details of Socrates death? How did Socrates die? Who relays the news?
4. Why does Socrates not fear death? What is the philosopher's view on the subject?
5. Who was present shortly before and/or after Socrates' death? Who was notably absent? Why?
6. Socrates discusses absolutes and makes a comparison to another important topic. What is the topic and what point does Socrates make?
7. What extensive discussion takes place between Socrates and Cebes?
8. What is Socrates' argument to Crito's suggestion? What is the explanation of the argument?
9. When is Socrates scheduled to die?
10. What is the setting of Dialogue 3? What time of day is it? Who is present?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)