|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Socrates argues that he did not make his decision in ________.
(b) An uninformed manner.
2. Where does Socrates want his children to be raised?
(a) At his father's home.
3. In Socrates' eyes, escape would equate ___________.
4. Gentle people may return as what kind of creature?
5. Who is asked about the difference between good and evil by Socrates?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does one become acquainted with absolutes?
2. What is separated at the time of death?
3. Which is not one of the absolutes?
4. The Dialogue takes place after which event?
5. What is it that philosophers dread?
Short Essay Questions
1. When is Socrates scheduled to die?
2. Who was present shortly before and/or after Socrates' death? Who was notably absent? Why?
3. How does the reader learn of the details of Socrates death? How did Socrates die? Who relays the news?
4. What is the contradiction made by Socrates in reference to an incorruptible soul?
5. What plea does Crito make to Socrates? What is the reasoning behind the plea?
6. What is the setting for the Fourth Dialogue? When does it take place?
7. What is Socrates final request to Crito?
8. What does Socrates as Crito to take care of and what restrictions are put upon the request?
9. What could cause the corrupted soul? How might a corrupted soul return to the known world?
10. Socrates discusses absolutes and makes a comparison to another important topic. What is the topic and what point does Socrates make?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)