|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Socrates' references to God?
(a) God is still forming.
(b) Entity is pluralized.
(c) Socrates has seen him.
(d) There isn't one.
2. What is the main theme of this dialogue?
(d) Defending oneself.
3. How many dialogues are there in total?
4. What was often attributed to the gods?
(c) Human characteristics.
(d) Volatile temperments.
5. What is worse than death in Socrates' eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was caught killing a man?
2. What is the name of Socrates' pupil?
3. Some citizens see Socrates as being _______________.
4. Where did the young man go?
5. Who inspires the state?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Socrates' mind, the concept of holiness is much like the chicken and the egg. Explain.
2. Who often approached Socrates to gain valuable information and insight? What did they want to learn?
3. How does Socrates react when confronted by Meletus?
4. How does Euthyphro reply to Socrates' question regarding the definition of piety?
5. What is Socrates' advice to allies and supporters? How does Socrates view the trial's outcome?
6. What is Euthyphro's reaction upon hearing the charges against Socrates? How does Euthyphro attempt to reassures him?
7. Why does Socrates believe he was found guilty?
8. Why is Socrates distressed when Euthyphro excuses himself?
9. What is Socrates' opinion on defending himself with anything but his own merits?
10. What is the verdict in the case? What is Socrates' response?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)