|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Socrates claims to lack which of the following?
(a) True wisdom.
2. What did those people want to know?
(a) How to start their own philosophical movement.
(b) How to spin straw into gold.
(c) How to question the beliefs of others.
(d) How to see God.
3. What is Socrates' proposed punishment.
(a) None - he is innocent.
(b) Probation and community service.
(d) Life in prison.
4. Who is the first philosopher mentioned in the work?
5. Socrates announces his belief in which of the following?
(a) Divine beings.
(c) Human sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Disregarding lust allows one to have what kind of existence?
2. Socrates demands to know the definition of which of the following?
3. What is another term meaning "dear"?
4. How does Socrates view his philosophy?
5. Who is among the conversation participants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Socrates only speak to the youth of Athens? If not, who else attended him?
2. How does Socrates react when confronted by Meletus?
3. Why did Euthyphro visit Socrates? What crime has taken place?
4. How does Socrates view his own brand of wisdom? What is it worth?
5. How does Euthyphro reply to Socrates' question regarding the definition of piety?
6. Explain the collection of the Four Dialogues and which character they focus on the most.
7. What is Socrates' opinion on defending himself with anything but his own merits?
8. Why does Socrates believe he was found guilty?
9. Why does Socrates insist that he is innocent? How does he argue the charges brought by Meletus?
10. To whom does Socrates compare himself? What is the contrast?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)