|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Socrates claims to lack which of the following?
(a) True wisdom.
2. What type of statement is made in the opening paragraph?
3. What is another word for "ideal"?
4. What part of the state is inspired in Socrates' eyes?
5. Man should not be tied to _______________.
(a) His own experience.
(b) Physical law.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men are curious about which topic?
2. Who does Socrates question?
3. There is a discrepancy between what two items?
4. Socrates demands to know the definition of which of the following?
5. Who accuses Socrates?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wrote the Four Dialogues and during what time period do they take place?
2. What is Socrates' opinion on defending himself with anything but his own merits?
3. Who is the young man referenced? Why does he take a journey? Who/What does he see? Why?
4. What topic does Socrates want to explore with Euthyphro? To what end?
5. What is Socrates' advice to allies and supporters? How does Socrates view the trial's outcome?
6. Why did Euthyphro visit Socrates? What crime has taken place?
7. How does Socrates react when confronted by Meletus?
8. In Socrates' mind, the concept of holiness is much like the chicken and the egg. Explain.
9. How does Socrates view his own brand of wisdom? What is it worth?
10. What is Euthyphro's reaction upon hearing the charges against Socrates? How does Euthyphro attempt to reassures him?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)