|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom has Socrates conversed?
(c) Town leaders.
(d) Older men.
2. Socrates believes that corruption leads to what?
3. Who inspires the state?
4. What part of the state is inspired in Socrates' eyes?
5. Which of the following is not on the list of things lusted for by man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Socrates insists on defending himself with what?
2. Where will Socrates' trial take place?
3. What is the name of Socrates' pupil?
4. What is another word for all-knowing?
5. How does Socrates view his philosophy?
Short Essay Questions
1. The two men discuss the similarities and differences of what two words? What is Socrates' question?
2. What is Socrates' opinion on defending himself with anything but his own merits?
3. What is the setting for the First Dialogue? Why is it important?
4. What is Socrates' reaction to the concept that he could live if only he would stop practicing his philosophy?
5. How does Socrates react when confronted by Meletus?
6. Why does Socrates insist that he is innocent? How does he argue the charges brought by Meletus?
7. What is Socrates' advice to allies and supporters? How does Socrates view the trial's outcome?
8. How does Socrates argue against Meletus' claims that he is an atheist?
9. Why does Socrates believe he was found guilty?
10. Who wrote the Four Dialogues and during what time period do they take place?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)