|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of social creature is mentioned?
2. Where does Socrates want his children to be raised?
(c) At his father's home.
3. Which is not a lust of the body?
4. At some point the issues of the body become _________________.
5. How did Socrates die?
(a) Torn apart by lions.
6. The topic of beauty is considered to be which of the following?
7. Who is asked about the difference between good and evil by Socrates?
8. Socrates argues that he did not make his decision in ________.
(b) An uninformed manner.
9. For whom does Socrates speak?
10. What part of Socrates' body was troubling him on that day?
11. What is the setting for the Fourth Dialogue?
12. What type of person might hear that music?
13. What is not experienced by a "true" philosopher?
(c) Human law.
14. Socrates intends to uphold _______________.
(a) Teacher's words.
(b) His honor.
(c) The will of God.
15. Socrates correlated what two opposites?
(a) Pleasure and pain.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Freedom and imprisonment.
(d) Happy and sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would a legal term be for Socrates' death?
2. In which other dialogue does the reader learn about Socrates' personal philosophy?
3. Why was the important person absent in Socrates' last moments?
4. What examples are used to illustrate the point?
5. The Dialogue takes place after which event?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)