|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which is death compared?
2. Why was the important person absent in Socrates' last moments?
3. The murmuring in Socrates' ears sounds like what type of music?
4. The characters ponder the value of which of the following?
5. Who is the questioner in the beginning of this Dialogue?
6. Socrates argues that he did not make his decision in ________.
(d) An uninformed manner.
7. In this section the philosophers study Socrates' theory of ____________.
8. Socrates informs the group that the body is ____________________.
(a) Invigorated and useful.
(b) Troublesome and messy.
(c) Useless after death.
(d) A triumph of science.
9. Life is considered to be a(n) __________________.
10. Where does Socrates want his children to be raised?
(a) At his father's home.
11. What is not on the list of things Athens has given to Socrates?
12. Which of the following is not among the things sought by a philosopher?
13. What has caused the dwindling of influence?
14. Where do absolutes exist?
15. Who asks questions about life after death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it?
2. What characteristic would Socrates exhibit?
3. The question relates directly to what item?
4. Socrates saw death as a(n) ______________.
5. What part of Socrates' body was troubling him on that day?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)