|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What examples are used to illustrate the point?
2. Which is not a lust of the body?
3. To which is death compared?
4. What is the setting for Dialogue 3?
(b) Prison cell.
5. Philosophers often shun which of the following?
(a) Abstract concepts.
(b) Physical realm.
(c) New theories.
(d) Ancient methods.
6. Who is asked about the difference between good and evil by Socrates?
7. To what is the soul compared?
8. According to the visitor, Socrates would be guilty of which of the following?
9. Why was the important person absent in Socrates' last moments?
10. Socrates informs the group that the body is ____________________.
(a) Useless after death.
(b) A triumph of science.
(c) Troublesome and messy.
(d) Invigorated and useful.
11. Socrates does not want to be seen as being a _____________.
12. The Dialogue takes place after which event?
(a) Solar eclipse.
(b) Socrates' death.
(c) Death of Caesar.
13. The characters ponder the value of which of the following?
14. Which would not alter the public's view of Socrates?
15. Socrates intends to uphold _______________.
(a) The will of God.
(b) His honor.
(d) Teacher's words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the things sought by a philosopher?
2. In which other dialogue does the reader learn about Socrates' personal philosophy?
3. Who is the questioner in the beginning of this Dialogue?
4. What is it that philosophers dread?
5. Socrates refers to humans as being _____________.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)