|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Socrates has no fear of which of the following?
2. What does Socrates lack in reference to punishment in the eyes of the court?
(a) Time for appeal.
(c) Political influence.
(d) Money to pay fines.
3. One common theme is the lack of _______________.
4. How does Socrates view his philosophy?
(b) Hard won.
5. What topic does Euthyphro ponder?
6. Socrates continues to practice despite the likelihood of which of the following?
(c) Public ridicule.
7. Who speaks through the Oracle?
8. Which does Socrates not support?
9. What is another term meaning "dear"?
10. What item is Socrates accused of "inventing"?
11. Socrates believes he has which of the following?
(a) A chance for acquittal.
(c) A better way of thinking.
12. Some citizens see Socrates as being _______________.
13. Socrates believes that corruption leads to what?
14. What has Socrates' quest brought him?
15. What is the setting in Dialogue 2?
(d) Living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one possible outcome of Socrates' upcoming trial?
2. Socrates insists on defending himself with what?
3. What type of statement is made in the opening paragraph?
4. What could have given Socrates a better verdict?
5. Who is Euthyphro afraid to confront?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)