|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could have given Socrates a better verdict?
(a) Agreeing to leave Athens.
(d) Denouncing his faith.
2. Man should not be tied to _______________.
(a) His own experience.
(b) Physical law.
3. The first setting of this dialogue is where?
4. Socrates jokes about which of the following?
(a) Needing a new suit.
(b) Having a party.
(c) Visiting heaven.
(d) Being old.
5. What is worse than death in Socrates' eyes?
6. How many dialogues are there in total?
7. What item is Socrates accused of "inventing"?
8. What word can be used to describe Socrates' philosophies?
9. Who was caught killing a man?
10. What was often attributed to the gods?
(a) Volatile temperments.
(b) Human characteristics.
11. Who speaks through the Oracle?
12. With whom has Socrates conversed?
(b) Town leaders.
(c) Older men.
13. To whom does the place belong?
(a) King Archon.
(b) Athenian Council.
14. Who approached Socrates?
(a) Poor seekers.
(b) Plato's students.
(c) Wealthy young men.
(d) Poets and thieves.
15. There is a discrepancy between what two items?
(a) Will and wisdom.
(b) Pride and joy.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Humilty and arrogance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is among the conversation participants?
2. Of what crime has Socrates been accused?
3. Greek philosophers were often known for which activity?
4. Death is a cause for _____________.
5. Where will Socrates' trial take place?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)