|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man should not be tied to _______________.
(b) Physical law.
(c) His own experience.
2. There is a discrepancy between what two items?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Pride and joy.
(c) Will and wisdom.
(d) Humilty and arrogance.
3. What was often attributed to the gods?
(b) Volatile temperments.
(c) Human characteristics.
4. Death is a cause for _____________.
5. Disregarding lust allows one to have what kind of existence?
6. Some citizens see Socrates as being _______________.
7. Socrates is often referred to as being what kind of man?
8. Who is the first philosopher mentioned in the work?
9. Which of the following is not on the list of things lusted for by man?
10. What item is Socrates accused of "inventing"?
11. Greek philosophers were often known for which activity?
(a) Lion taming.
12. What is another word for "ideal"?
13. How does Socrates view his philosophy?
(a) Hard won.
14. Who accuses Socrates?
15. What happens to Euthyphro at the end of the first dialogue?
(a) He goes to prison.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He dies.
(d) He confronts his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates plead at the beginning of this dialogue?
2. Who inspires the state?
3. Socrates demands to know the definition of which of the following?
4. Socrates jokes about which of the following?
5. Who was caught killing a man?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)