|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Euthyphro afraid to confront?
2. What is the name of Socrates' pupil?
(a) King Archon.
3. What word can be used to describe Socrates' philosophies?
4. Death is a cause for _____________.
5. What has Socrates' quest brought him?
6. Friends are asked to care for what?
(a) Socrates' sons.
(b) Family dog.
(c) Legal fees.
(d) Physical remains.
7. Where is the place located?
8. What was often attributed to the gods?
(a) Volatile temperments.
(d) Human characteristics.
9. Who was caught killing a man?
10. What would persuade Socrates to abandon his philosophy?
(c) Family pressure.
11. Which topic is not among Socrates' dialogues?
12. What topic does Euthyphro ponder?
13. Which of the following was the charge against Socrates?
(a) Destruction of property.
14. Which does Socrates not support?
15. Disregarding lust allows one to have what kind of existence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word for "ideal"?
2. Who approached Socrates?
3. What was the general opinion of God among the Greeks?
4. Socrates believed that individuals should strive to preserve and support what entity?
5. What is another word for all-knowing?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)