|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many governments was Karaian divided into?
2. What did the very devoted servants of the king of Maabar do when the king died?
3. What was the name of the general who invaded Ziamba?
4. What practice ceased to exist in Karazan by rule of his majesty?
5. Which sea was the island of Zipangu situated on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the inhabitants of Fanfur procure from a certain tree? How did they obtain it and what did they do with it? What did it look like and taste like once it was prepared?
2. Describe the practice of tattooing in the province of Kangigu. Who had this done, and how?
3. Where was the province of Karaian located and who governed it? Describe the ruler.
4. What were the inhabitants of Kael addicted to and why? Also describe the battle that ensued when one person was insulted by another.
5. Describe the physical attributes of the men and women of Zenzibar.
6. Tell what types of things were produced on the island of Java.
7. What did the people on the island of Zipangu do with their dead? What did they place in the mouth of the dead?
8. Describe the fishery near the city of Kain-du. What was found there, and who could use it?
9. What was produced in great quantities in the kingdom of Kon-cha? What expensive vegetable was also found?
10. Describe the marks of the Jews, Christians, and Saracens who lived in Abascia.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some time after the migration of the Tartars to the northern countries of Jorza and Bargu, in the year 1162, Chingis-khan was elected the first emperor of the Tartars. His subjects revered him as deity rather than as their sovereign. Why did the Tartars perceive him in this manner? Use examples from the text in your response and thesis statement.
Essay Topic 2
Book 2, Chapter 16 details the grand khan's adventures with his falconers. Discuss reasons why the grand khan participated. Was this a useful sport or pure enjoyment? Cite examples from the text in your response and thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Using Book 2, Chapter 8 as a reference, explain the treasonable practices used in the city of Kanbalu which caused it to rebel. Also, describe the apprehension and punishment of those involved. Use examples for the text in your response and thesis.
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)