|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many towns were under the jurisdiction of Yan-gui?
2. What animal was bred in the province of Karaian that was considered the best?
3. What type of woman did the men of Thebeth like to marry?
4. What was the name of the general who invaded Ziamba?
5. What did the king of Maabar wear?
Essay Topic 1
Book 2, Chapter 16 details the grand khan's adventures with his falconers. Discuss reasons why the grand khan participated. Was this a useful sport or pure enjoyment? Cite examples from the text in your response and thesis.
Essay Topic 2
The grand khan was not persuaded by any one religion, thus, he honored Christians, Jews, Mahometans, and idolaters at their respective festivals. Discuss his motives for honoring each. Use examples from the book in your response and thesis. Use Book 2, Chapters 1-2 as a reference.
Essay Topic 3
Book 3, Chapter 1 describes in great detail the kind of ships used for navigation in India prior to Marco Polo being there and ships used while Marco Polo was there. Analyze the construction of the ships as detailed in the text, and compare that construction to ship construction of today. Use examples from the book when referencing ships from Middle Ages.
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)