|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the general who invaded Ziamba?
2. What were sold in Basman as pygmies?
3. What lay five hundred miles south of Kesmacoran?
4. Gold and Silver were traded in Kardandan. How much gold saggio could be traded for five of sliver?
5. What was the meaning of jerms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Formulate reasons why Marco Polo's book was then and is still today, an important historical book. Use examples from the text in your response and thesis statement.
Essay Topic 2
Using Book 2, Chapter 8 as a reference, explain the treasonable practices used in the city of Kanbalu which caused it to rebel. Also, describe the apprehension and punishment of those involved. Use examples for the text in your response and thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Nicolo and Maffeo Polo were respectable merchants of Venice. They set sail in the year 1250 for Constantinople and arrived there in safety. Discuss the underlying goals the brothers had in wanting to go to Constantinople. Use examples from the text to support your response and thesis. Use Book 1, Chapter 1 as a reference.
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)