|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal was not bred in Maabar?
2. What animal was bred in the province of Karaian that was considered the best?
3. ______ could be found in Bangala.
4. What was a camelopard?
5. How did the inhabitants of Nocueran dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 43 talks about the mountainous people outside of the province of Kardandan. Why did these people exchange gold for silver with merchants?
2. Describe the marks of the Jews, Christians, and Saracens who lived in Abascia.
3. What was produced on the island of Java Minor, and why were they only exported to Manji and Cathay?
4. How could one enter the town of Pau-ghin, and why?
5. Where was the province of Karaian located and who governed it? Describe the ruler.
6. Describe the fishery business in the province of Maabar.
7. Tell about the extraordinary bird called rukh.
8. Describe what took place at the city of Tin-gui-gui.
9. Describe how money was made in the province of Kain-du.
10. What could be found at the top of a mountain in Zeilan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The grand khan was not persuaded by any one religion, thus, he honored Christians, Jews, Mahometans, and idolaters at their respective festivals. Discuss his motives for honoring each. Use examples from the book in your response and thesis. Use Book 2, Chapters 1-2 as a reference.
Essay Topic 2
Formulate reasons why Marco Polo's book was then and is still today, an important historical book. Use examples from the text in your response and thesis statement.
Essay Topic 3
Book 2, Chapter 68 describes the noble and magnificent city of Kin-sai. Why did Marco Polo consider Kin-sai noble and magnificent? Based on the details in the book, do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? Use examples from the book in your response and thesis statement.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)