|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Bramins derive their origin?
2. Murphili was known for what?
3. Who dove with the oyster divers?
4. What was a sheikhs?
5. What could be found in the waters around Malabar?
(c) Sea monsters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the events of Zipangu and the troops from the grand khan take place?
2. What was the chief aim or goal of Facfur?
3. What was the circumference of Java?
4. What grew greatly in Thebeth?
5. What year did Kublai attack Ziamba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the inhabitants of Kael addicted to and why? Also describe the battle that ensued when one person was insulted by another.
2. Describe ambergris. What was it, and where was it found? How was it used?
3. Describe the practice of tattooing in the province of Kangigu. Who had this done, and how?
4. Describe the grand sepulcher of the king in the city of Mien.
5. Tell what types of things were produced on the island of Java.
6. Describe the idols worshiped in Zipangu.
7. How could one enter the town of Pau-ghin, and why?
8. Describe how money was made in the province of Kain-du.
9. Describe the marks of the Jews, Christians, and Saracens who lived in Abascia.
10. Chapter 43 talks about the mountainous people outside of the province of Kardandan. Why did these people exchange gold for silver with merchants?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)