|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal did the inhabitants of Karazan hunt?
(a) Small elephants.
(c) Wild boars.
(d) Large serpents.
2. What did the men and women of Vochang cover their teeth with?
3. What did the inhabitants of Dragoian do to those who were ill if it was determined they would not recover?
(a) The family members suffocated them and ate the dead body.
(b) The family members buried them away from the other family members.
(c) The family members sold them into slavery.
(d) The family members crushed them with large boulders and buried them in the mountains.
4. What was the distance between Kangigu and Amu?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 31 days.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 25 days.
5. How did the inhabitants of Nocueran dress?
(a) With clothes made from the bark of a tree.
(b) They wore a thin gold plate around their middle section.
(c) They were naked.
(d) With rings in their nose, ears and lips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did choiach mean?
2. What was a camelopard?
3. What could be said of the priests of Servenath?
4. In 1272, who was appointed governor of Tudin-fu?
5. What did most merchants bring to Madagascar to sell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fishery business in the province of Maabar.
2. Describe the grand sepulcher of the king in the city of Mien.
3. What were the inhabitants of Kael addicted to and why? Also describe the battle that ensued when one person was insulted by another.
4. Tell about the extraordinary bird called rukh.
5. Why was Marco Polo detained in the kingdom of Samara for five months?
6. What happened during the rainy season in the kingdom of Murphilior Monsul?
7. Describe the fishery near the city of Kain-du. What was found there, and who could use it?
8. What was produced on the island of Java Minor, and why were they only exported to Manji and Cathay?
9. What was produced in great quantities in the kingdom of Kon-cha? What expensive vegetable was also found?
10. What did the people on the island of Zipangu do with their dead? What did they place in the mouth of the dead?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)