|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Kublai attack Ziamba?
2. Who dove with the oyster divers?
3. How did the inhabitants of Nocueran dress?
(a) With clothes made from the bark of a tree.
(b) They were naked.
(c) They wore a thin gold plate around their middle section.
(d) With rings in their nose, ears and lips.
4. Why did the grand khan, Kublai, want to annex the island of Zipangu?
(a) Because he was greedy for more land.
(b) Because of its great salt production.
(c) Because of its great wealth.
(d) So enemies couldn't attack the grand khan.
5. What type of clothing was worn in Chintigui?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the chief aim or goal of Facfur?
2. What could be found in Mien?
3. What type of people were the inhabitants of Ka-chan-fu?
4. What was the circumference of Java?
5. Gold and Silver were traded in Kardandan. How much gold saggio could be traded for five of sliver?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tell about the extraordinary bird called rukh.
2. What was produced on the island of Java Minor, and why were they only exported to Manji and Cathay?
3. Describe the idols worshiped in Zipangu.
4. What did the people on the island of Zipangu do with their dead? What did they place in the mouth of the dead?
5. Describe what took place at the city of Tin-gui-gui.
6. What was produced in great quantities in the kingdom of Kon-cha? What expensive vegetable was also found?
7. What could be found at the top of a mountain in Zeilan?
8. What did the inhabitants of Fanfur procure from a certain tree? How did they obtain it and what did they do with it? What did it look like and taste like once it was prepared?
9. Describe the physical attributes of the men and women of Zenzibar.
10. Tell what types of things were produced on the island of Java.
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)