|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lay five hundred miles south of Kesmacoran?
(a) The Isle of Monks and the Isle of Priests.
(b) The Isle of Man and the Isle of Woman.
(c) The Isle of Christians and the Isle of Idolators.
(d) The Isle of Monkeys and the Isle of Horses.
2. What was the meaning of rukh?
(d) Puka shell.
3. Why did men need to anchor in the middle of streams in Chintigui?
(a) Because of wolves.
(b) Because of fierce dogs.
(c) Because of tigers.
(d) Because of elephants.
4. How many children did the king of Ziamba have?
5. What type of animal did the inhabitants of Karazan hunt?
(a) Wild boars.
(b) Large serpents.
(d) Small elephants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What capital and province bore the same name?
2. The people of Basman paid tribute to whom?
3. What was produced in large quantities in Lochac?
4. What did the men of Lambri have?
5. What did the name Chin-san Bay-an mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe ambergris. What was it, and where was it found? How was it used?
2. Describe the grand sepulcher of the king in the city of Mien.
3. What could be found at the top of a mountain in Zeilan?
4. Describe the fishery business in the province of Maabar.
5. Explain why King Dor was captured by Prester John's men. How was he captured? What became of him?
6. Describe the practice of tattooing in the province of Kangigu. Who had this done, and how?
7. Describe how money was made in the province of Kain-du.
8. Tell what types of things were produced on the island of Java.
9. Describe the marks of the Jews, Christians, and Saracens who lived in Abascia.
10. Describe the teachers and instruction in Bangala.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)