|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the king of Maabar wear?
(a) A royal robe.
(b) A sapphire crown.
(c) Large earrings.
(d) A loin cloth.
2. Who had King Dor captured?
(a) Prester John.
(b) The grand khan.
(c) Chingis khan.
3. What year was the memorable battle of Vochang fought?
4. The inhabitants of Escier fed their animals what type of food?
(a) Dried fish.
(b) Elephant meat.
(d) Cracked wheat.
5. What big animal was found in Bangala?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the meaning of jerms?
2. Why did the grand khan, Kublai, want to annex the island of Zipangu?
3. What type of clothing was worn in Chintigui?
4. What capital and province bore the same name?
5. What could be found in Mien?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tell what types of things were produced on the island of Java.
2. Describe the practice of tattooing in the province of Kangigu. Who had this done, and how?
3. Describe the fishery business in the province of Maabar.
4. What did the people on the island of Zipangu do with their dead? What did they place in the mouth of the dead?
5. What did the inhabitants of Fanfur procure from a certain tree? How did they obtain it and what did they do with it? What did it look like and taste like once it was prepared?
6. How could one enter the town of Pau-ghin, and why?
7. What was significant about the city of Yan-gui?
8. What happened during the rainy season in the kingdom of Murphilior Monsul?
9. Tell about the extraordinary bird called rukh.
10. What was produced on the island of Java Minor, and why were they only exported to Manji and Cathay?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)