|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Kubilai Khan revere the most?
(b) Jesus Christ.
2. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
3. Marco Polo was _________ years old when Pope Clement died.
4. What type of water could be found in Kobiam?
(a) Citrus flavored water.
(b) Bitter water.
(c) Salt water.
(d) Sulfur water.
5. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
(a) To teach Christianity and get oil from a lamp at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(b) To Teach Christianity and to get holy water at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(c) To show his people how to become Catholic and to obtain holy water at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(d) To decorate a room for him to worship in and to get oil from a lamp at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift was sent from one of the Tartar princes to the Roman Pontiff from the city of Chinchitalas?
2. What could be found in Kierman?
3. What year did Kubilai Khan begin his reign?
4. What did the infant, Christ, give the wise men as they were leaving?
5. The Tartars had the best _________ in the world.
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what miraculous circumstances are said to have taken place at Saint Lunardo?
2. What does the narrator of Marco Polo's travels proclaim this book does?
3. Describe the personal guards for the grand khan.
4. Describe the city of Karakoran.
5. Why was Marco Polo not adept in describing countries, towns and natural features?
6. Why did the grand khan have a new city built at Tai-du?
7. Using Chapter 4 as a reference, describe three attributes of Armenia Major.
8. After describing Kesmur, Marco Polo said he reserved the description of India for a third book. Why is this so?
9. Discuss the custom observed upon the birth of a son in the city of Sachion. Use Chapter 37 as a reference.
10. Why couldn't the Polos return to Constantinople? What did they do?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)