|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons did the grand khan have by his legitimate wives?
2. Kubilai Khan fought a great battle with whom?
3. From the East in 1206, whom did the Mongol tribes elect to rule northern China?
4. What direction was Peyn from Kotan?
(c) North-east and east.
5. What did the workers at Saint Barsamo make?
(a) Silk hats.
(b) Cotton girdles.
(c) Woolen girdles.
(d) Woolen hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Prester John try to separate the Tartars?
2. Where was Chingis-khan buried?
3. In 1292, Marco Polo safely delivered a bride for _____.
4. What festival was celebrated September 28th?
5. The Great Khan issued ___________ to assure lodging and needs when the Polos went to the Pope.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the personal guards for the grand khan.
2. What does the narrator of Marco Polo's travels proclaim this book does?
3. What did Marco Polo report to the grand khan upon return from his voyage to the East Indies?
4. Describe how paper money issued by the grand khan was made.
5. According to Chapter 3, what three classes of inhabitants resided in Turkomania?
6. Tell about the custom of showing respect to strangers from the district of Kamul.
7. Describe Lesser Armenia as Marco Polo did in Chapter 2.
8. Why was Marco Polo not adept in describing countries, towns and natural features?
9. Describe the city of Karakoran.
10. What happened between King Arghun and Lady Kogatin?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)