|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The custom, during the process of removing the bodies of princes, was for those who formed the escort to ______________ persons they met on the road.
2. What did the infant, Christ, give the wise men as they were leaving?
(a) A piece of gold cloth.
(b) A bag of spices.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A stone.
3. Trade-routes were costly to follow, so high value commodities like ________________ were needed to make a profit on the way.
(a) Precious gems, silk, spices, and gold.
(b) Precious gems, minerals, furs and gold.
(c) Precious gems, fabrics, spices and gold.
(d) Precious gems, furs, spices and gold.
4. What year did Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo sail to Sudak?
5. The grand khan's military men carried a golden tablet with what type of picture engraved upon it?
(a) A falcon.
(b) The feet of an elephant.
(c) The face of the grand khan.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chingis-khan was revered as a ______.
2. Tartars mostly survived on ____________ while on an expedition.
3. What type of chair did the grand khan sit on when he was riding?
4. People of Vokhan were of which religious persuasion?
5. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
Short Essay Questions
1. What needs did a practical traveler and merchant have in order to survive along the route?
2. In Chapter 5, what miraculous circumstances are said to have taken place at Saint Lunardo?
3. Describe the physical attributes of the grand khan.
4. Why did Marco Polo write this book?
5. What does the narrator of Marco Polo's travels proclaim this book does?
6. Describe Lesser Armenia as Marco Polo did in Chapter 2.
7. Tell about the custom in Peyn that pertained to married men and women.
8. Using Chapter 4 as a reference, describe three attributes of Armenia Major.
9. Why couldn't the Polos return to Constantinople? What did they do?
10. Describe the city of Karakoran.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)