|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A thief could pay ______ the value of the property stolen in order to escape all further punishment.
(a) Twelve times.
(b) Nine times.
(c) Six times.
(d) Twenty times.
2. _________ were not inhabitants of Tauris.
3. What months did the grand khan reside in Kanbalu?
(a) December, January, February.
(b) March, April, May.
(c) October, November, December.
(d) September, October, November.
4. What year did Kubilai Khan begin his reign?
5. What did the workers at Saint Barsamo make?
(a) Cotton girdles.
(b) Woolen hats.
(c) Silk hats.
(d) Woolen girdles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characteristic does not fit Marco Polo's description of Turkomans?
2. Who did Kubilai Khan revere the most?
3. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
4. Where was the mint of the grand khan located?
5. In Zorzania, the king was usually called _______ .
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos, with a baron, to the Pope?
2. Describe the personal guards for the grand khan.
3. What did Marco Polo report to the grand khan upon return from his voyage to the East Indies?
4. Tell about the custom of showing respect to strangers from the district of Kamul.
5. Why did the grand khan have a new city built at Tai-du?
6. What happened to the Polos while they were traveling to see the Pope?
7. Why did Marco Polo write this book?
8. Why were the Polos worried about the death of the grand khan in relation to returning home?
9. Describe the city of Karakoran.
10. Why couldn't the Polos return to Constantinople? What did they do?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)