|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
(a) Sell jewels.
(b) Sell silk.
(c) Sell spices.
(d) Sell minerals.
2. Kashcar was known for its production of what?
3. How many young female attendants did each legitimate wife have?
4. What year did Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo sail to Sudak?
5. What was the name of the eldest legitimate son of the grand khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the infant, Christ, give the wise men as they were leaving?
2. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
3. Where were the three magi buried?
4. Marco Polo was _________ years old when Pope Clement died.
5. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the Polos while they were traveling to see the Pope?
2. What did Marco Polo report to the grand khan upon return from his voyage to the East Indies?
3. Describe the personal guards for the grand khan.
4. What needs did a practical traveler and merchant have in order to survive along the route?
5. Describe the city of Karakoran.
6. Describe Lesser Armenia as Marco Polo did in Chapter 2.
7. Using Chapter 4 as a reference, describe three attributes of Armenia Major.
8. What happened between King Arghun and Lady Kogatin?
9. In Chapter 30, discuss the importance of the miracle that took place at the church dedicated to St. John the Baptist. Who did the miracle favor? Why was it important to the followers? How did the miracle affect the Mussulmans?
10. Why did the Polos return to Arghun, kahn of the Levant, with a bride?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)