|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arghun was the king of _____________.
(a) European Russia.
2. Chingis-khan was revered as a ______.
3. In ____, a battle began with the sultan of Egypt.
4. A thief could pay ______ the value of the property stolen in order to escape all further punishment.
(a) Twelve times.
(b) Nine times.
(c) Twenty times.
(d) Six times.
5. In Zorzania, the king was usually called _______ .
(a) David Abaku.
(b) David Zorzania.
(c) David Melik.
(d) David Tartar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of the three magi?
2. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
3. What type of chair did the grand khan sit on when he was riding?
4. "The Travels of Marco Polo" was penned in ________ by the writer Marco Polo commissioned.
5. The Great Khan issued ___________ to assure lodging and needs when the Polos went to the Pope.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the birthday of the grand khan.
2. What does the narrator of Marco Polo's travels proclaim this book does?
3. Why did the Polos return to Arghun, kahn of the Levant, with a bride?
4. Describe Lesser Armenia as Marco Polo did in Chapter 2.
5. What happened to the Polos while they were traveling to see the Pope?
6. Describe the personal guards for the grand khan.
7. Tell about the custom in Peyn that pertained to married men and women.
8. Tell about the ceremony that took place when emperors or princes (grand khan's) were carried for interment to the mountain of Altai.
9. What happened between King Arghun and Lady Kogatin?
10. Why were the Polos worried about the death of the grand khan in relation to returning home?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)