|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a sheikhs?
2. What did the men and women of Vochang cover their teeth with?
3. What type of clothing was worn in Chintigui?
4. What was the distance between Kangigu and Amu?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 31 days.
(c) 25 days.
(d) 12 days.
5. The Tingui were devoted to what?
6. Why did the grand khan, Kublai, want to annex the island of Zipangu?
(a) Because of its great wealth.
(b) Because of its great salt production.
(c) So enemies couldn't attack the grand khan.
(d) Because he was greedy for more land.
7. The people of Basman paid tribute to whom?
(a) The king.
(d) The grand khan.
8. Why didn't the grand khan bring Java under his control?
(a) The length and danger of the navigation was too great.
(b) Java was too heavily fortified.
(c) There was no real revenue to be made from Java.
(d) The grand khan was simply not interested in Java.
9. What did the men of Lambri have?
(a) A nose like a parrot.
(b) Eyes like a goat.
(c) A tail like a dog.
(d) Teeth like a jackal.
10. Gold and Silver were traded in Kardandan. How much gold saggio could be traded for five of sliver?
11. What was the circumference of Java?
(a) 2500 miles.
(b) 1750 miles.
(c) 3000 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
12. What could be said of the priests of Servenath?
(a) They were very poor.
(b) They had many wives.
(c) They were most cruel.
(d) They were very rich.
13. What was the meaning of jerms?
(b) Palm tree.
14. What was the circumference of Java the Lesser?
(a) 1000 miles.
(b) 1500 miles.
(c) 2000 miles.
(d) 2500 miles.
15. What lay five hundred miles south of Kesmacoran?
(a) The Isle of Monks and the Isle of Priests.
(b) The Isle of Christians and the Isle of Idolators.
(c) The Isle of Man and the Isle of Woman.
(d) The Isle of Monkeys and the Isle of Horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the memorable battle of Vochang fought?
2. What year did the events of Zipangu and the troops from the grand khan take place?
3. How many governments was Karaian divided into?
4. What type of animal did the inhabitants of Karazan hunt?
5. What practice ceased to exist in Karazan by rule of his majesty?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)