|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the very devoted servants of the king of Maabar do when the king died?
(a) Threw themselves upon the fire that burned the king's body.
(b) Married the king's wives.
(c) Cleaned the castle in preparation for the new king.
(d) Killed the king's youngest child.
2. A particular vegetable in Kon-cha was very similar in color and smell to _____.
3. How many children did the king of Ziamba have?
4. Who had King Dor captured?
(a) Chingis khan.
(c) The grand khan.
(d) Prester John.
5. How many governments was Karaian divided into?
6. Who was Mangalu?
(a) A son of the grand khan.
(b) A magi.
(c) A military leader.
(d) A king.
7. What type of animal did the inhabitants of Karazan hunt?
(a) Small elephants.
(c) Large serpents.
(d) Wild boars.
8. What capital and province bore the same name?
9. Where did the Bramins derive their origin?
10. Murphili was known for what?
11. The people of Basman paid tribute to whom?
(a) The grand khan.
(d) The king.
12. Why didn't the grand khan bring Java under his control?
(a) There was no real revenue to be made from Java.
(b) The grand khan was simply not interested in Java.
(c) Java was too heavily fortified.
(d) The length and danger of the navigation was too great.
13. What fruit could weigh over two pounds troy-weight in Chan-glu?
14. What year did the events of Zipangu and the troops from the grand khan take place?
15. ______ could be found in Bangala.
Short Answer Questions
1. What regulated life in Maabar?
2. What was the meaning of rukh?
3. What did the men of Lambri have?
4. What lay five hundred miles south of Kesmacoran?
5. What did the inhabitants of Dragoian do to those who were ill if it was determined they would not recover?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)