|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Kublai attack Ziamba?
2. What type of people were the inhabitants of Ka-chan-fu?
3. Gold and Silver were traded in Kardandan. How much gold saggio could be traded for five of sliver?
4. What did the name Chin-san Bay-an mean?
(a) Strong wall.
(b) Many horses.
(d) Great warrior.
5. What was a camelopard?
6. In 1272, who was appointed governor of Tudin-fu?
7. Who or what was Kara-moran?
(a) A king.
(b) A river.
(c) A castle.
(d) A tribunal leader.
8. What was the meaning of rukh?
(d) Puka shell.
9. What did the men and women of Vochang cover their teeth with?
10. What practice ceased to exist in Karazan by rule of his majesty?
(a) Women were no longer allowed to bear children after having three.
(b) Men were allowed to beat their wife if she had a girl child first.
(c) Strangers of superior quality were tortured then released.
(d) Strangers of superior quality were murdered.
11. What animal was not bred in Maabar?
12. What was the distance between Kangigu and Amu?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 25 days.
(d) 31 days.
13. What was used as an antidote for poison?
(a) Dog dung.
(c) Bitter ashes.
(d) Wood ashes.
14. Why did the grand khan, Kublai, want to annex the island of Zipangu?
(a) So enemies couldn't attack the grand khan.
(b) Because of its great salt production.
(c) Because of its great wealth.
(d) Because he was greedy for more land.
15. The Tingui were devoted to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the inhabitants of Soccotera collect from whales?
2. Why did men need to anchor in the middle of streams in Chintigui?
3. What regulated life in Maabar?
4. What was the richest province in the eastern world?
5. What lay to either side of the causeway leading to Manji?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)