|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merchants in the city of Yasdi manufactured what?
(a) Golden cups.
(b) Woven baskets.
(d) Silk cloth.
2. How long did it take to cross the desert called Lop?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
3. Who was the ruler of Kierman?
(a) Rukmedin Achomak.
(b) Mazier Ozier.
(c) Reobarle Ormus.
(d) Corobar Achomak.
4. Marco Polo's descriptions of human history are ______________.
(b) Extensive but inaccurate.
(c) Limited and inaccurate.
(d) Limited but accurate.
5. How far was Kotan from Karkan?
(a) Twelve days journey.
(b) Eight days journey.
(c) Three days journey.
(d) Six days journey.
6. Tartars were experts in _______________.
(d) Iron maces.
7. Trade-routes were costly to follow, so high value commodities like ________________ were needed to make a profit on the way.
(a) Precious gems, minerals, furs and gold.
(b) Precious gems, furs, spices and gold.
(c) Precious gems, silk, spices, and gold.
(d) Precious gems, fabrics, spices and gold.
8. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
(a) Birds, plants, beasts and herbs.
(b) Birds, beasts, people and spices.
(c) Birds, plants, beasts and spices.
(d) Birds, plants, people and herbs.
9. Who did Kubilai Khan revere the most?
(b) Jesus Christ.
10. Why was the city of Tai-du built?
(a) Kanbalu had become too run down and old.
(b) Kanbalu was attacked and burned to the ground.
(c) Astrologers said Kanbalu was destined to become rebellious.
(d) Kanbalu was built too close to a major body of water.
11. The Polos survived ______________ for three years until Pope Clement died.
(a) Lack of food and shelter.
(b) Heat and blowing winds.
(c) Snow and swollen rivers.
(d) Lack of money and falling snow.
12. In 1292, Marco Polo safely delivered a bride for _____.
(a) Theophylactus Simocatta.
13. _______________ was chosen to replace Queen Bulagan after her death.
(a) Khanum Organa Hatum.
(c) Napir Asu.
14. The ________ stone was only available as a gift from the king, according to Chapter 26.
(c) Balass ruby.
(d) Balshan tanzinite.
15. How many men did the grand khan appoint to oversee his officers and the men of his army?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chingis-khan was revered as a ______.
2. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
3. From the East in 1206, whom did the Mongol tribes elect to rule northern China?
4. What festival was celebrated September 28th?
5. _________ were not inhabitants of Tauris.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)