|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men did the grand khan appoint to oversee his officers and the men of his army?
2. In ____, a battle began with the sultan of Egypt.
3. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
(a) Birds, beasts, people and spices.
(b) Birds, plants, beasts and herbs.
(c) Birds, plants, beasts and spices.
(d) Birds, plants, people and herbs.
4. Why did the people of Karkan suffer from swollen legs and goiters?
(a) Tainted food.
(c) Bad drinking water.
5. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
(a) Sell jewels.
(b) Sell silk.
(c) Sell spices.
(d) Sell minerals.
6. People of Vokhan were of which religious persuasion?
7. Marco Polo's father and uncle were _________________.
(a) Traders from Genoa.
(b) Merchants in Genoa.
(c) Traders from Constantinople.
(d) Merchants in Constantinople.
8. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
9. How long did it take to cross the desert called Lop?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
10. What year did Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo sail to Sudak?
11. The city of Arzingan was located in ___.
(b) Armenia Minor.
(c) Armenia Major.
12. How far was Kotan from Karkan?
(a) Three days journey.
(b) Eight days journey.
(c) Six days journey.
(d) Twelve days journey.
13. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
14. Marco Polo was _________ years old when Pope Clement died.
15. What direction was Peyn from Kotan?
(d) North-east and east.
Short Answer Questions
1. What months did the grand khan reside in Kanbalu?
2. According to the introduction, what made "The Travels of Marco Polo" a best seller?
3. Tartars were experts in _______________.
4. The ________ stone was only available as a gift from the king, according to Chapter 26.
5. Where was the mint of the grand khan located?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)