|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What festival was celebrated September 28th?
(a) White feast.
(b) Tribunal day.
(c) The birth of the grand khan.
(d) The festival of the golden tablets.
2. What type of chair did the grand khan sit on when he was riding?
(a) A bamboo chair.
(b) A gold chair.
(c) A silver chair.
(d) A pearl chair.
3. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) Shelter, routes and people.
(b) People, places and food.
(c) Food, water and transport.
(d) Water, shelter and food.
4. What were the names of the three magi?
(a) Baldasar, Gaspar, Belchior.
(b) Demogar, Haldasar, Gaspar.
(c) Belchior, Dyava, Haldasar.
(d) Balksar, Palasta, Gaspar.
5. Why was the city of Tai-du built?
(a) Astrologers said Kanbalu was destined to become rebellious.
(b) Kanbalu was built too close to a major body of water.
(c) Kanbalu had become too run down and old.
(d) Kanbalu was attacked and burned to the ground.
6. Arghun was the king of _____________.
(b) European Russia.
7. According to Marco Polo, in the central part of Armenia lies an exceedingly large and high mountain. What can be found on this mountain?
(a) The Ark of Noah.
(b) The Gate of Iron.
(c) The Golden Tablets.
(d) The Fountain of Oil.
8. A thief could pay ______ the value of the property stolen in order to escape all further punishment.
(a) Twenty times.
(b) Twelve times.
(c) Six times.
(d) Nine times.
9. Why did the people of Karkan suffer from swollen legs and goiters?
(a) Bad drinking water.
(c) Tainted food.
10. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
11. Kashcar was known for its production of what?
12. What months did the grand khan reside in Kanbalu?
(a) September, October, November.
(b) March, April, May.
(c) October, November, December.
(d) December, January, February.
13. How long did it take to cross the desert called Lop?
(a) Three months.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) One month.
(d) Seven days.
14. The Polos survived ______________ for three years until Pope Clement died.
(a) Snow and swollen rivers.
(b) Heat and blowing winds.
(c) Lack of food and shelter.
(d) Lack of money and falling snow.
15. What type of water could be found in Kobiam?
(a) Citrus flavored water.
(b) Sulfur water.
(c) Bitter water.
(d) Salt water.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ were not inhabitants of Tauris.
2. According to Marco Polo, in ancient times, kings of Zorzania were born with the mark of _____________ on the ___________ shoulder.
3. Who was the ruler of Kierman?
4. In ____, a battle began with the sultan of Egypt.
5. How far was Kotan from Karkan?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)