|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tartars mostly survived on ____________ while on an expedition.
2. What months did the grand khan reside in Kanbalu?
(a) October, November, December.
(b) September, October, November.
(c) December, January, February.
(d) March, April, May.
3. What did the grand khan require be planted on the sides of roads?
4. What festival was celebrated September 28th?
(a) White feast.
(b) The festival of the golden tablets.
(c) Tribunal day.
(d) The birth of the grand khan.
5. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
(a) Sell silk.
(b) Sell jewels.
(c) Sell minerals.
(d) Sell spices.
6. What miraculous event was said to have occurred at Samarcan?
(a) The pillar of the church raised to reveal the stone.
(b) The pillar of the church raised to reveal the gold cup.
(c) The pillar of the church fell and crushed a man who was raised back to life.
(d) The pillar of the church raised and Zagatai was healed.
7. Why was the city of Tai-du built?
(a) Astrologers said Kanbalu was destined to become rebellious.
(b) Kanbalu was attacked and burned to the ground.
(c) Kanbalu was built too close to a major body of water.
(d) Kanbalu had become too run down and old.
8. What was the doctrine of faith held by the Tartars, according to Chapter 48?
(a) They believed in a deity whose nature was sublime and heavenly.
(b) They believed in a deity whose nature was to subdue the world.
(c) They believed in a deity whose nature was of wrath.
(d) They believed in a deity whose nature was full of intellect.
9. Where was Chingis-khan buried?
10. "Idolaters" include________.
(a) Hindus and Buddhists.
(b) Hindus and Mahomets.
(c) Buddhists and Jews.
(d) Saracens and Cathayans.
11. Barka Khan was the lord of ______________.
12. "The Travels of Marco Polo" was penned in ________ by the writer Marco Polo commissioned.
13. Merchants in the city of Yasdi manufactured what?
(a) Silk cloth.
(c) Golden cups.
(d) Woven baskets.
14. Tartars were experts in _______________.
(d) Iron maces.
15. The custom, during the process of removing the bodies of princes, was for those who formed the escort to ______________ persons they met on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Kubilai Khan revere the most?
2. Trade-routes were costly to follow, so high value commodities like ________________ were needed to make a profit on the way.
3. Kubilai Khan fought a great battle with whom?
4. The Tartars had the best _________ in the world.
5. An envoy of Hulaga invited the Polos to join his trip to the Great Khan of the Tartars, __________.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)