Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Experiences between leaving in 1271 and returning in 1292 are described by Marco Polo through his chroniclers_________ and __________.
(a) Rustichello and Saint Barsamo.
(b) Latham and Ramusio.
(c) Ramusio and Kustichello.
(d) Ramusio and Rustigielo.
2. How many legitimate wives did the grand khan have?
3. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
4. Marco Polo's father and uncle were _________________.
(a) Traders from Genoa.
(b) Merchants in Genoa.
(c) Traders from Constantinople.
(d) Merchants in Constantinople.
5. What allowed the inhabitants of Baldach or Bagadet to transport their goods to and from the sea of India?
(a) Strong and willing men carrying goods.
(b) A hard, dirt-paved road.
(c) A great river flowing in the midst of the city.
(d) Camel caravans.
6. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) Food, water and transport.
(b) Shelter, routes and people.
(c) Water, shelter and food.
(d) People, places and food.
7. Arghun was the king of _____________.
(d) European Russia.
8. According to the introduction, what made "The Travels of Marco Polo" a best seller?
(a) The ease in obtaining a copy of the book.
(b) Rustichello's writing.
(c) The wild and exciting tales.
(d) The mystery of Kubilai Khan's thirteenth century empire.
9. Merchants in the city of Yasdi manufactured what?
(a) Golden cups.
(b) Silk cloth.
(c) Woven baskets.
10. The ________ stone was only available as a gift from the king, according to Chapter 26.
(b) Balass ruby.
(c) Balshan tanzinite.
11. _______________ was chosen to replace Queen Bulagan after her death.
(a) Napir Asu.
(d) Khanum Organa Hatum.
12. Marco Polo was _________ years old when Pope Clement died.
13. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
(a) Birds, beasts, people and spices.
(b) Birds, plants, beasts and herbs.
(c) Birds, plants, people and herbs.
(d) Birds, plants, beasts and spices.
14. What were the names of the three magi?
(a) Balksar, Palasta, Gaspar.
(b) Demogar, Haldasar, Gaspar.
(c) Baldasar, Gaspar, Belchior.
(d) Belchior, Dyava, Haldasar.
15. What type of chair did the grand khan sit on when he was riding?
(a) A silver chair.
(b) A bamboo chair.
(c) A gold chair.
(d) A pearl chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. A thief could pay ______ the value of the property stolen in order to escape all further punishment.
2. Tartars mostly survived on ____________ while on an expedition.
3. What gift was sent from one of the Tartar princes to the Roman Pontiff from the city of Chinchitalas?
4. What could be found in Kierman?
5. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)