|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ________ stone was only available as a gift from the king, according to Chapter 26.
(b) Balshan tanzinite.
(d) Balass ruby.
2. What festival was celebrated September 28th?
(a) The festival of the golden tablets.
(b) White feast.
(c) Tribunal day.
(d) The birth of the grand khan.
3. How many legitimate wives did the grand khan have?
4. Kashcar was known for its production of what?
5. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
6. The grand khan's military men carried a golden tablet with what type of picture engraved upon it?
(a) The feet of an elephant.
(b) The face of the grand khan.
(c) A falcon.
(d) A lion.
7. What type of chair did the grand khan sit on when he was riding?
(a) A gold chair.
(b) A bamboo chair.
(c) A pearl chair.
(d) A silver chair.
8. Where was Chingis-khan buried?
9. Merchants in the city of Yasdi manufactured what?
(a) Golden cups.
(b) Woven baskets.
(c) Silk cloth.
10. Marco Polo was _________ years old when Pope Clement died.
11. According to Marco Polo, in the central part of Armenia lies an exceedingly large and high mountain. What can be found on this mountain?
(a) The Ark of Noah.
(b) The Fountain of Oil.
(c) The Gate of Iron.
(d) The Golden Tablets.
12. Where were the three magi buried?
(a) Arbor Secco.
13. How many young female attendants did each legitimate wife have?
14. Arghun was the king of _____________.
(c) European Russia.
15. Marco Polo's father and uncle were _________________.
(a) Merchants in Constantinople.
(b) Traders from Genoa.
(c) Merchants in Genoa.
(d) Traders from Constantinople.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three regions were assigned to lesser family khans to rule over?
2. In Zorzania, the king was usually called _______ .
3. Where did the Tartars first establish residence?
4. How is Marco Polo described in the Prologue?
5. How far was Kotan from Karkan?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)