|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men did the grand khan appoint to oversee his officers and the men of his army?
2. Kashcar was known for its production of what?
3. What did the workers at Saint Barsamo make?
(a) Woolen hats.
(b) Cotton girdles.
(c) Silk hats.
(d) Woolen girdles.
4. In 1292, Marco Polo safely delivered a bride for _____.
(c) Theophylactus Simocatta.
5. Why was the city of Tai-du built?
(a) Astrologers said Kanbalu was destined to become rebellious.
(b) Kanbalu was attacked and burned to the ground.
(c) Kanbalu had become too run down and old.
(d) Kanbalu was built too close to a major body of water.
6. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
7. Which characteristic does not fit Marco Polo's description of Turkomans?
(a) Dull of intellect.
(b) Rude people.
(c) Followers of Mahomet.
(d) Accepting of others.
8. According to Marco Polo, in ancient times, kings of Zorzania were born with the mark of _____________ on the ___________ shoulder.
(a) A Lion, left.
(b) A Lion, right.
(c) An Eagle, left.
(d) An Eagle, right.
9. Why was an umbrella carried overhead of the grand khan?
(a) It was a sign of good will.
(b) To keep him cool in the heat.
(c) It denoted rank and authority.
(d) To keep the sun from burning his skin.
10. What year did Kubilai Khan begin his reign?
11. What generation khan was Kubilai Khan?
12. How many young female attendants did each legitimate wife have?
13. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
14. The Tartars had the best _________ in the world.
15. What allowed the inhabitants of Baldach or Bagadet to transport their goods to and from the sea of India?
(a) Camel caravans.
(b) A great river flowing in the midst of the city.
(c) Strong and willing men carrying goods.
(d) A hard, dirt-paved road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the infant, Christ, give the wise men as they were leaving?
2. Chingis-khan was revered as a ______.
3. What was proved by the shoemaker removing his right eye?
4. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
5. Why did the people of Karkan suffer from swollen legs and goiters?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)