|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arghun was the king of _____________.
(a) European Russia.
2. Where did the Tartars first establish residence?
3. What could be found in the castle of Paipurth, which was located between Trebizond and Tauris?
(a) Gold mine.
(b) Fountain of youth.
(c) Fountain of oil.
(d) Silver mine.
4. What type of chair did the grand khan sit on when he was riding?
(a) A pearl chair.
(b) A bamboo chair.
(c) A silver chair.
(d) A gold chair.
5. How many sons did the grand khan have by his legitimate wives?
6. From the East in 1206, whom did the Mongol tribes elect to rule northern China?
7. What three regions were assigned to lesser family khans to rule over?
(a) European Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
(b) Western Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
(c) Northern Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Eastern Asia's Turkestan.
(d) European Russia, Levant from southern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
8. Which characteristic does not fit Marco Polo's description of Turkomans?
(a) Followers of Mahomet.
(b) Accepting of others.
(c) Rude people.
(d) Dull of intellect.
9. What was the name of the eldest legitimate son of the grand khan?
10. In Zorzania, the king was usually called _______ .
(a) David Melik.
(b) David Abaku.
(c) David Tartar.
(d) David Zorzania.
11. What generation khan was Kubilai Khan?
12. Why did the people of Karkan suffer from swollen legs and goiters?
(a) Tainted food.
(b) Bad drinking water.
13. Kashcar was known for its production of what?
14. According to Chapter 21, what type of tree grew in the province of Timochain?
(a) Tree of the salt.
(b) Tree of the people.
(c) Tree of the sun.
(d) Tree of the water.
15. Merchants in the city of Yasdi manufactured what?
(a) Silk cloth.
(c) Golden cups.
(d) Woven baskets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was manufactured in Arzingan?
2. What did the infant, Christ, give the wise men as they were leaving?
3. Trade-routes were costly to follow, so high value commodities like ________________ were needed to make a profit on the way.
4. According to Marco Polo, in the central part of Armenia lies an exceedingly large and high mountain. What can be found on this mountain?
5. How many young female attendants did each legitimate wife have?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)