|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Travels of Marco Polo" was penned in ________ by the writer Marco Polo commissioned.
2. What three regions were assigned to lesser family khans to rule over?
(a) European Russia, Levant from southern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
(b) Northern Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Eastern Asia's Turkestan.
(c) Western Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
(d) European Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
3. Chingis-khan was revered as a ______.
4. How is Marco Polo described in the Prologue?
(a) As a learned and honest citizen of Genoa.
(b) As a wise and learned citizen of Venice.
(c) As a loyal follower of God.
(d) As an honest and trustworthy citizen of Venice.
5. What generation khan was Kubilai Khan?
6. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
(a) To teach Christianity and get oil from a lamp at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(b) To show his people how to become Catholic and to obtain holy water at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(c) To Teach Christianity and to get holy water at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(d) To decorate a room for him to worship in and to get oil from a lamp at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
7. Kashcar was known for its production of what?
8. _________ were not inhabitants of Tauris.
9. The custom, during the process of removing the bodies of princes, was for those who formed the escort to ______________ persons they met on the road.
10. The Great Khan succeeded _______ to rule the eastern part of the Mongol empire.
(c) Mangku Kaan.
11. What type of chair did the grand khan sit on when he was riding?
(a) A bamboo chair.
(b) A silver chair.
(c) A pearl chair.
(d) A gold chair.
12. Which characteristic does not fit Marco Polo's description of Turkomans?
(a) Dull of intellect.
(b) Rude people.
(c) Followers of Mahomet.
(d) Accepting of others.
13. In ____, a battle began with the sultan of Egypt.
14. What was proved by the shoemaker removing his right eye?
(a) He will enter Paradise.
(b) His excellent faith.
(c) He was a sinner doomed to hell.
(d) He was subject to the khalif's beliefs.
15. Marco Polo's descriptions of human history are ______________.
(b) Limited but accurate.
(c) Extensive but inaccurate.
(d) Limited and inaccurate.
Short Answer Questions
1. People of Vokhan were of which religious persuasion?
2. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
3. The grand khan's military men carried a golden tablet with what type of picture engraved upon it?
4. Tartars mostly survived on ____________ while on an expedition.
5. What was the name of the eldest legitimate son of the grand khan?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)