|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
2. Arghun was the king of _____________.
(a) European Russia.
3. What did the grand khan require be planted on the sides of roads?
4. What did the name Kanbalu mean?
(a) City of the beautiful.
(b) City of mass wealth.
(c) City of the sovereign.
(d) City of the great khan.
5. Kashcar was known for its production of what?
6. What was manufactured in Arzingan?
(a) Iron masks.
(b) Silver mirrors.
(c) Fine cotton.
(d) Silk clothes.
7. According to the Prologue, what things does Marco Polo describe in the book?
(a) Only the truth of what he sees.
(b) Things he stumbles upon.
(c) Things he sees and things he hears from others.
(d) The mysteries of the world.
8. The Tartars had the best _________ in the world.
9. _______________ was chosen to replace Queen Bulagan after her death.
(b) Napir Asu.
(d) Khanum Organa Hatum.
10. Chingis-khan was revered as a ______.
11. What festival was celebrated September 28th?
(a) White feast.
(b) The birth of the grand khan.
(c) The festival of the golden tablets.
(d) Tribunal day.
12. What did the workers at Saint Barsamo make?
(a) Woolen girdles.
(b) Cotton girdles.
(c) Woolen hats.
(d) Silk hats.
13. What gift was sent from one of the Tartar princes to the Roman Pontiff from the city of Chinchitalas?
(a) A brilliant ruby.
(b) A coral salamander.
(c) A bronze statue.
(d) A woven napkin.
14. Marco Polo was _________ years old when Pope Clement died.
15. What was proved by the shoemaker removing his right eye?
(a) He was subject to the khalif's beliefs.
(b) His excellent faith.
(c) He was a sinner doomed to hell.
(d) He will enter Paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Prester John try to separate the Tartars?
2. The Polos were not able to return to Constantinople for fear of what?
3. Tartars were experts in _______________.
4. Merchants in the city of Yasdi manufactured what?
5. What could be found in the castle of Paipurth, which was located between Trebizond and Tauris?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)