|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tartars mostly survived on ____________ while on an expedition.
2. Where did the Tartars first establish residence?
3. Marco Polo's father and uncle were _________________.
(a) Merchants in Genoa.
(b) Merchants in Constantinople.
(c) Traders from Constantinople.
(d) Traders from Genoa.
4. In Zorzania, the king was usually called _______ .
(a) David Zorzania.
(b) David Melik.
(c) David Abaku.
(d) David Tartar.
5. Merchants in the city of Yasdi manufactured what?
(a) Golden cups.
(b) Woven baskets.
(d) Silk cloth.
6. Marco Polo was _________ years old when Pope Clement died.
7. The Polos survived ______________ for three years until Pope Clement died.
(a) Heat and blowing winds.
(b) Snow and swollen rivers.
(c) Lack of money and falling snow.
(d) Lack of food and shelter.
8. What direction was Peyn from Kotan?
(b) North-east and east.
9. According to Chapter 21, what type of tree grew in the province of Timochain?
(a) Tree of the salt.
(b) Tree of the sun.
(c) Tree of the people.
(d) Tree of the water.
10. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
11. People of Vokhan were of which religious persuasion?
12. How far was Kotan from Karkan?
(a) Twelve days journey.
(b) Eight days journey.
(c) Six days journey.
(d) Three days journey.
13. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
(a) Birds, plants, people and herbs.
(b) Birds, plants, beasts and herbs.
(c) Birds, beasts, people and spices.
(d) Birds, plants, beasts and spices.
14. What did the name Kanbalu mean?
(a) City of the sovereign.
(b) City of the beautiful.
(c) City of mass wealth.
(d) City of the great khan.
15. In 1292, Marco Polo safely delivered a bride for _____.
(d) Theophylactus Simocatta.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the East in 1206, whom did the Mongol tribes elect to rule northern China?
2. The ________ stone was only available as a gift from the king, according to Chapter 26.
3. _______________ was chosen to replace Queen Bulagan after her death.
4. _________ were not inhabitants of Tauris.
5. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)