|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Northern Regions and Tartar Wars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regulated life in Maabar?
(c) The king.
2. What allowed the inhabitants of Baldach or Bagadet to transport their goods to and from the sea of India?
(a) A great river flowing in the midst of the city.
(b) Strong and willing men carrying goods.
(c) A hard, dirt-paved road.
(d) Camel caravans.
3. Barka Khan was the lord of ______________.
4. The Tartars had the best _________ in the world.
5. Who dove with the oyster divers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Experiences between leaving in 1271 and returning in 1292 are described by Marco Polo through his chroniclers_________ and __________.
2. What gift was sent from one of the Tartar princes to the Roman Pontiff from the city of Chinchitalas?
3. How many legitimate wives did the grand khan have?
4. According to Marco Polo, in ancient times, kings of Zorzania were born with the mark of _____________ on the ___________ shoulder.
5. The grand khan's military men carried a golden tablet with what type of picture engraved upon it?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)