|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Northern Regions and Tartar Wars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Toctai fight?
(d) Arbor Secco.
2. Why did Prester John try to separate the Tartars?
(a) He was apprehensive of their strength.
(b) He was worried they were becoming too lazy.
(c) He thought they would be better able to defend themselves.
(d) He wanted to start new provinces with multiple groups of Tartars.
3. How many men did the grand khan appoint to oversee his officers and the men of his army?
4. How is Marco Polo described in the Prologue?
(a) As a loyal follower of God.
(b) As a wise and learned citizen of Venice.
(c) As an honest and trustworthy citizen of Venice.
(d) As a learned and honest citizen of Genoa.
5. How many legitimate wives did the grand khan have?
Short Answer Questions
1. The custom, during the process of removing the bodies of princes, was for those who formed the escort to ______________ persons they met on the road.
2. What lay five hundred miles south of Kesmacoran?
3. What was proved by the shoemaker removing his right eye?
4. Why was The Region of Darkness titled as such?
5. What capital and province bore the same name?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)