|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Northern Regions and Tartar Wars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could be found in Mien?
(a) A magic well.
(b) A grave site.
(c) A royal palace.
(d) A great sepulcher.
2. The narrator who translated the stories in "The Travels of Marco Polo" was from where?
3. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
(a) Sell minerals.
(b) Sell jewels.
(c) Sell silk.
(d) Sell spices.
4. The inhabitants of Escier fed their animals what type of food?
(a) Cracked wheat.
(b) Elephant meat.
(d) Dried fish.
5. What miraculous event was said to have occurred at Samarcan?
(a) The pillar of the church raised and Zagatai was healed.
(b) The pillar of the church raised to reveal the gold cup.
(c) The pillar of the church fell and crushed a man who was raised back to life.
(d) The pillar of the church raised to reveal the stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The custom, during the process of removing the bodies of princes, was for those who formed the escort to ______________ persons they met on the road.
2. What animal was bred in the province of Karaian that was considered the best?
3. How many governments was Karaian divided into?
4. According to the Prologue, what things does Marco Polo describe in the book?
5. The Polos survived ______________ for three years until Pope Clement died.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)