|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Northern Regions and Tartar Wars.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What practice ceased to exist in Karazan by rule of his majesty?
(a) Women were no longer allowed to bear children after having three.
(b) Strangers of superior quality were tortured then released.
(c) Strangers of superior quality were murdered.
(d) Men were allowed to beat their wife if she had a girl child first.
2. What did the king of Maabar wear?
(a) Large earrings.
(b) A loin cloth.
(c) A royal robe.
(d) A sapphire crown.
3. What type of animal did the inhabitants of Karazan hunt?
(a) Large serpents.
(b) Small elephants.
(c) Wild boars.
4. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) People, places and food.
(b) Water, shelter and food.
(c) Food, water and transport.
(d) Shelter, routes and people.
5. Gold and Silver were traded in Kardandan. How much gold saggio could be traded for five of sliver?
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction was Peyn from Kotan?
2. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
3. The Great Khan succeeded _______ to rule the eastern part of the Mongol empire.
4. Tartars mostly survived on ____________ while on an expedition.
5. Why did Prester John try to separate the Tartars?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)