|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through India.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) Water, shelter and food.
(b) People, places and food.
(c) Food, water and transport.
(d) Shelter, routes and people.
2. How is Marco Polo described in the Prologue?
(a) As a learned and honest citizen of Genoa.
(b) As an honest and trustworthy citizen of Venice.
(c) As a wise and learned citizen of Venice.
(d) As a loyal follower of God.
3. What year was the memorable battle of Vochang fought?
4. Tartars were experts in _______________.
(b) Iron maces.
5. How did the inhabitants of Nocueran dress?
(a) With rings in their nose, ears and lips.
(b) They were naked.
(c) With clothes made from the bark of a tree.
(d) They wore a thin gold plate around their middle section.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was produced in large quantities in Lochac?
2. What did choiach mean?
3. An envoy of Hulaga invited the Polos to join his trip to the Great Khan of the Tartars, __________.
4. Who dove with the oyster divers?
5. What were the names of the three magi?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)