|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through India.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Tartars first establish residence?
2. How many men did the grand khan appoint to oversee his officers and the men of his army?
3. What year did Kubilai Khan begin his reign?
4. An envoy of Hulaga invited the Polos to join his trip to the Great Khan of the Tartars, __________.
5. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) Water, shelter and food.
(b) People, places and food.
(c) Shelter, routes and people.
(d) Food, water and transport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of chair did the grand khan sit on when he was riding?
2. What animal was not bred in Maabar?
3. According to Marco Polo, in the central part of Armenia lies an exceedingly large and high mountain. What can be found on this mountain?
4. The custom, during the process of removing the bodies of princes, was for those who formed the escort to ______________ persons they met on the road.
5. What was used for currency in Tholoman?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)