|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China to India.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lay to either side of the causeway leading to Manji?
(a) Mulberry trees.
(c) Stone statues.
(d) Marshy lakes.
2. Why did the grand khan, Kublai, want to annex the island of Zipangu?
(a) Because of its great salt production.
(b) So enemies couldn't attack the grand khan.
(c) Because he was greedy for more land.
(d) Because of its great wealth.
3. _______________ was chosen to replace Queen Bulagan after her death.
(b) Napir Asu.
(d) Khanum Organa Hatum.
4. The Great Khan issued ___________ to assure lodging and needs when the Polos went to the Pope.
(b) Precious gems.
(c) A tablet of gold.
(d) A sack full of spices.
5. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
(a) Sell silk.
(b) Sell spices.
(c) Sell minerals.
(d) Sell jewels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tartars were experts in _______________.
2. How many men did the grand khan appoint to oversee his officers and the men of his army?
3. What type of woman did the men of Thebeth like to marry?
4. What was the richest province in the eastern world?
5. What is stated in the Prologue as one of the reasons someone would read this book?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)