|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China to India.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't the grand khan bring Java under his control?
(a) The grand khan was simply not interested in Java.
(b) There was no real revenue to be made from Java.
(c) Java was too heavily fortified.
(d) The length and danger of the navigation was too great.
2. What was the doctrine of faith held by the Tartars, according to Chapter 48?
(a) They believed in a deity whose nature was to subdue the world.
(b) They believed in a deity whose nature was of wrath.
(c) They believed in a deity whose nature was full of intellect.
(d) They believed in a deity whose nature was sublime and heavenly.
3. What type of animal did the inhabitants of Karazan hunt?
(a) Large serpents.
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Small elephants.
4. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) Water, shelter and food.
(b) People, places and food.
(c) Food, water and transport.
(d) Shelter, routes and people.
5. Why was the city of Tai-du built?
(a) Astrologers said Kanbalu was destined to become rebellious.
(b) Kanbalu had become too run down and old.
(c) Kanbalu was built too close to a major body of water.
(d) Kanbalu was attacked and burned to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Great Khan issued ___________ to assure lodging and needs when the Polos went to the Pope.
2. Where were the three magi buried?
3. What festival was celebrated September 28th?
4. According to the Prologue, what things does Marco Polo describe in the book?
5. What did the name Ach-baluch Manji signify?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)