|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China to India.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allowed the inhabitants of Baldach or Bagadet to transport their goods to and from the sea of India?
(a) Strong and willing men carrying goods.
(b) Camel caravans.
(c) A hard, dirt-paved road.
(d) A great river flowing in the midst of the city.
2. What were the names of the three magi?
(a) Balksar, Palasta, Gaspar.
(b) Baldasar, Gaspar, Belchior.
(c) Demogar, Haldasar, Gaspar.
(d) Belchior, Dyava, Haldasar.
3. Why did the people of Karkan suffer from swollen legs and goiters?
(c) Tainted food.
(d) Bad drinking water.
4. How large was the circumference of Sin-din-fu?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 28 miles.
(d) 6 miles.
5. Why did Prester John try to separate the Tartars?
(a) He thought they would be better able to defend themselves.
(b) He was apprehensive of their strength.
(c) He wanted to start new provinces with multiple groups of Tartars.
(d) He was worried they were becoming too lazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. A particular vegetable in Kon-cha was very similar in color and smell to _____.
2. What could be found in Kierman?
3. How many towns were under the jurisdiction of Yan-gui?
4. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
5. What direction was Peyn from Kotan?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)