|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From China to India.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of woman did the men of Thebeth like to marry?
(a) Rich women.
(d) Only very beautiful women.
2. What is stated in the Prologue as one of the reasons someone would read this book?
(a) Those desirous of knowing the mysterious secrets of the world.
(b) Those desirous of knowing the truth about The Great Khan.
(c) Those desirous of knowing the diversities of Asia.
(d) Those desirous of knowing the diversities of the races of mankind.
3. What big animal was found in Bangala?
4. Why did the people of Karkan suffer from swollen legs and goiters?
(b) Bad drinking water.
(c) Tainted food.
5. How is Marco Polo described in the Prologue?
(a) As a wise and learned citizen of Venice.
(b) As a learned and honest citizen of Genoa.
(c) As a loyal follower of God.
(d) As an honest and trustworthy citizen of Venice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chingis-khan was revered as a ______.
2. How did the inhabitants of Nocueran dress?
3. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
4. What did the men of Lambri have?
5. What allowed the inhabitants of Baldach or Bagadet to transport their goods to and from the sea of India?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)