|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Kubilai Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marco Polo, in ancient times, kings of Zorzania were born with the mark of _____________ on the ___________ shoulder.
(a) An Eagle, left.
(b) A Lion, right.
(c) A Lion, left.
(d) An Eagle, right.
2. Where was the mint of the grand khan located?
3. The Great Khan succeeded _______ to rule the eastern part of the Mongol empire.
(a) Mangku Kaan.
4. The grand khan's military men carried a golden tablet with what type of picture engraved upon it?
(a) A lion.
(b) The face of the grand khan.
(c) A falcon.
(d) The feet of an elephant.
5. Why did Prester John try to separate the Tartars?
(a) He was apprehensive of their strength.
(b) He wanted to start new provinces with multiple groups of Tartars.
(c) He was worried they were becoming too lazy.
(d) He thought they would be better able to defend themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Great Khan issued ___________ to assure lodging and needs when the Polos went to the Pope.
2. What did the workers at Saint Barsamo make?
3. The city of Arzingan was located in ___.
4. What did the grand khan require be planted on the sides of roads?
5. Merchants in the city of Yasdi manufactured what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)