|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Kubilai Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, what made "The Travels of Marco Polo" a best seller?
(a) The ease in obtaining a copy of the book.
(b) Rustichello's writing.
(c) The wild and exciting tales.
(d) The mystery of Kubilai Khan's thirteenth century empire.
2. What was the doctrine of faith held by the Tartars, according to Chapter 48?
(a) They believed in a deity whose nature was sublime and heavenly.
(b) They believed in a deity whose nature was of wrath.
(c) They believed in a deity whose nature was full of intellect.
(d) They believed in a deity whose nature was to subdue the world.
3. In Zorzania, the king was usually called _______ .
(a) David Melik.
(b) David Tartar.
(c) David Zorzania.
(d) David Abaku.
4. What year did Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo sail to Sudak?
5. What months did the grand khan reside in Kanbalu?
(a) March, April, May.
(b) September, October, November.
(c) October, November, December.
(d) December, January, February.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many young female attendants did each legitimate wife have?
2. In 1292, Marco Polo safely delivered a bride for _____.
3. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
4. Experiences between leaving in 1271 and returning in 1292 are described by Marco Polo through his chroniclers_________ and __________.
5. Marco Polo's descriptions of human history are ______________.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)