|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Experiences between leaving in 1271 and returning in 1292 are described by Marco Polo through his chroniclers_________ and __________.
(a) Latham and Ramusio.
(b) Ramusio and Rustigielo.
(c) Ramusio and Kustichello.
(d) Rustichello and Saint Barsamo.
2. _________ were not inhabitants of Tauris.
3. According to the introduction, what made "The Travels of Marco Polo" a best seller?
(a) The ease in obtaining a copy of the book.
(b) The wild and exciting tales.
(c) The mystery of Kubilai Khan's thirteenth century empire.
(d) Rustichello's writing.
4. Why did the people of Karkan suffer from swollen legs and goiters?
(a) Bad drinking water.
(b) Tainted food.
5. How is Marco Polo described in the Prologue?
(a) As a loyal follower of God.
(b) As a learned and honest citizen of Genoa.
(c) As a wise and learned citizen of Venice.
(d) As an honest and trustworthy citizen of Venice.
Short Answer Questions
1. A thief could pay ______ the value of the property stolen in order to escape all further punishment.
2. An envoy of Hulaga invited the Polos to join his trip to the Great Khan of the Tartars, __________.
3. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
4. The Great Khan issued ___________ to assure lodging and needs when the Polos went to the Pope.
5. Who was the ruler of Kierman?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)