|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An envoy of Hulaga invited the Polos to join his trip to the Great Khan of the Tartars, __________.
2. Tartars mostly survived on ____________ while on an expedition.
3. What could be found in Kierman?
(b) Fountains of oil.
4. Experiences between leaving in 1271 and returning in 1292 are described by Marco Polo through his chroniclers_________ and __________.
(a) Latham and Ramusio.
(b) Rustichello and Saint Barsamo.
(c) Ramusio and Rustigielo.
(d) Ramusio and Kustichello.
5. What three regions were assigned to lesser family khans to rule over?
(a) European Russia, Levant from southern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
(b) Western Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
(c) European Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
(d) Northern Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Eastern Asia's Turkestan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
2. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
3. Marco Polo's father and uncle were _________________.
4. What was proved by the shoemaker removing his right eye?
5. According to Marco Polo, in ancient times, kings of Zorzania were born with the mark of _____________ on the ___________ shoulder.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)