|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ________ stone was only available as a gift from the king, according to Chapter 26.
(a) Balass ruby.
(b) Balshan tanzinite.
2. Tartars mostly survived on ____________ while on an expedition.
3. The Polos were not able to return to Constantinople for fear of what?
4. Who is being addressed in the Prologue?
(a) Emperors, kings, dukes, marquises, earls, and knights.
(b) The learned.
(c) Readers of the world.
(d) Kings and other dignitaries of the world.
5. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) Water, shelter and food.
(b) People, places and food.
(c) Food, water and transport.
(d) Shelter, routes and people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could be found in Kierman?
2. What miraculous event was said to have occurred at Samarcan?
3. From the East in 1206, whom did the Mongol tribes elect to rule northern China?
4. In 1292, Marco Polo safely delivered a bride for _____.
5. Trade-routes were costly to follow, so high value commodities like ________________ were needed to make a profit on the way.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)