|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trade-routes were costly to follow, so high value commodities like ________________ were needed to make a profit on the way.
(a) Precious gems, furs, spices and gold.
(b) Precious gems, silk, spices, and gold.
(c) Precious gems, fabrics, spices and gold.
(d) Precious gems, minerals, furs and gold.
2. Tartars were experts in _______________.
(a) Iron maces.
3. The Great Khan issued ___________ to assure lodging and needs when the Polos went to the Pope.
(a) Precious gems.
(b) A tablet of gold.
(c) A sack full of spices.
4. What could be found in Kierman?
(d) Fountains of oil.
5. Where were the three magi buried?
(a) Arbor Secco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo sail to Sudak?
2. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
3. What was proved by the shoemaker removing his right eye?
4. The ________ stone was only available as a gift from the king, according to Chapter 26.
5. In ____, a battle began with the sultan of Egypt.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)