|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
(a) To Teach Christianity and to get holy water at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(b) To teach Christianity and get oil from a lamp at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(c) To show his people how to become Catholic and to obtain holy water at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(d) To decorate a room for him to worship in and to get oil from a lamp at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
2. Which characteristic does not fit Marco Polo's description of Turkomans?
(a) Rude people.
(b) Dull of intellect.
(c) Followers of Mahomet.
(d) Accepting of others.
3. Marco Polo was an emissary of whom?
(a) Kubilai Kahn.
(c) King Arghun.
(d) Chief Alau.
4. How long did it take to cross the desert called Lop?
(a) Three months.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) One month.
(d) Seven days.
5. From the East in 1206, whom did the Mongol tribes elect to rule northern China?
Short Answer Questions
1. A thief could pay ______ the value of the property stolen in order to escape all further punishment.
2. Why did Prester John try to separate the Tartars?
3. What was manufactured in Arzingan?
4. In 1292, Marco Polo safely delivered a bride for _____.
5. Barka Khan was the lord of ______________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)