|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1292, Marco Polo safely delivered a bride for _____.
(d) Theophylactus Simocatta.
2. The narrator who translated the stories in "The Travels of Marco Polo" was from where?
3. What allowed the inhabitants of Baldach or Bagadet to transport their goods to and from the sea of India?
(a) Camel caravans.
(b) A hard, dirt-paved road.
(c) Strong and willing men carrying goods.
(d) A great river flowing in the midst of the city.
4. What type of water could be found in Kobiam?
(a) Sulfur water.
(b) Salt water.
(c) Citrus flavored water.
(d) Bitter water.
5. Tartars mostly survived on ____________ while on an expedition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift was sent from one of the Tartar princes to the Roman Pontiff from the city of Chinchitalas?
2. What could be found in the castle of Paipurth, which was located between Trebizond and Tauris?
3. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
4. What three regions were assigned to lesser family khans to rule over?
5. Marco Polo was an emissary of whom?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)