|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Experiences between leaving in 1271 and returning in 1292 are described by Marco Polo through his chroniclers_________ and __________.
(a) Ramusio and Rustigielo.
(b) Latham and Ramusio.
(c) Rustichello and Saint Barsamo.
(d) Ramusio and Kustichello.
2. _________ were not inhabitants of Tauris.
3. The city of Arzingan was located in ___.
(b) Armenia Major.
(c) Armenia Minor.
4. A thief could pay ______ the value of the property stolen in order to escape all further punishment.
(a) Six times.
(b) Twenty times.
(c) Nine times.
(d) Twelve times.
5. What was proved by the shoemaker removing his right eye?
(a) His excellent faith.
(b) He was subject to the khalif's beliefs.
(c) He will enter Paradise.
(d) He was a sinner doomed to hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the East in 1206, whom did the Mongol tribes elect to rule northern China?
2. The ________ stone was only available as a gift from the king, according to Chapter 26.
3. In Zorzania, the king was usually called _______ .
4. Arghun was the king of _____________.
5. The Polos survived ______________ for three years until Pope Clement died.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)